Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if the shocks off of a canadian trail edition will fit on a regular foreman, my dealer says no but i cant see why not

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
hmm, I bet they would, i bet if you order them, and take measurements, and they dont fit, you could return them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Why did he say no ..?.. I know the mounting hole is 10mm on both bikes .. The Rubicon CTE shock is approx. 15 1/4" long .. The TRX500FE/FM shock is 15 1/2" long .. These numbers are approx. because I didn't remove them to measure them.. The Rubicon shock is a little shorter but is stiffer when adjusted up ..So with weight on it the rubicon shock would sit higher with the same weight on both bikes ..

The Canadian Trail Edition comes in the TRX500FG & TRX400FG models ..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing - a friend has the foreman 500 CTE up here in Canuckistan. So I doubt the Engineering department redesigned the frame/ Swing arm on the CTE... they just mounted some better suspension

I bet it would work fine... Anyone know how much those shockers cost?

fed007

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honda Mechanic may be able to confirm or set this straight but when I bought my Rubi CTE it came with a 4 page booklet bragging the CTE suspension. It said the engineers worked hard, tried many combinations and finally settled on what we now see. They did say that the shocks were mounted either more vertical, or less vertical, sorry it's been a while since I read it so by just changing the shocks may not give the same effect. Also my dealers parts manager also said back then that everyone was trying to buy just the shocks to add to either non-Trail edition Rubi's or other bikes and Honda would not sell the shocks. He told me that even if I had a problem with my shocks, that I would first have to ship my shock back before they send a new one. This may have changed by now but in the beginning this is what I was told. I do know of a U.S. customer trying to buy a set from Canada and was told the same. Just passing on what I heard. Like I said, this may be 100% crap. The CTE Rubicon is a nice ride though for a solid axle bike. I love it. Have 3000 km's on mine and it's just one year old last month.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
What is the differance besides bein' able to adjust the shocks from the
regular Rubicon shocks?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You would have to take it apart to see...

likely the valving is tuned for the machine - spring rates and type...

its gets complex but most shocks look the same but they can be night and day for how they perform.

I could see Honda protecting CTE buyers for a period of time or best they can... Personally I am used to my quad now - It only bugs me If I ride a friends IRS then go back to mine.

fed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.