Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give you guys a heads up that may be interested.

Between myself, Honda Mechanic, and Shawn at MR Cycles we have figured out how to get the 5-way adjustable Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition shocks here in the US for around $300-320 a SET of FOUR.

See this thread for details...

<a href="http://hondaforeman.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10128" target="_blank">http://hondaforeman.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10128</a>

Note: Edited Link to new Thread properly titled for the subject of the Canadian Trail Edition Shocks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE ("surelly09":t9tby71q)
look awesome!!! how soft do they get???

and what is a BADD ATV LIFT?????? there is nothing on that site...
Don't know yet, but others in Canada say on the softest setting they ride almost as good as the Rincon (as far as a plush ride).

I am under a "gag order" concerning the lift until it is offically released.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
A BIG THANKS to 928GT & Honda Mechanic

I have rode my Rubicon for 8 + hours in
temps of 110° plus in the deserts and mountains
of the southwest and have always been able
to walk afterwards, But to have more control
on the suspension for the rock-boulder infested
rivers & washes sounds like a winner to me !

I talked to Shawn and he's processing the order
what a Great Person to deal with

So again, I Thank Everyone and very much
Appreciate the time and effort that was put into
this

Desert Hawk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE ("Desert Hawk":1wt6svud)
A BIG THANKS to 928GT & Honda Mechanic

I have rode my Rubicon for 8 + hours in
temps of 110° plus in the deserts and mountains
of the southwest and have always been able
to walk afterwards, But to have more control
on the suspension for the rock-boulder infested
rivers & washes sounds like a winner to me !

I talked to Shawn and he's processing the order
what a Great Person to deal with

So again, I Thank Everyone and very much
Appreciate the time and effort that was put into
this

Desert Hawk
Desert Hawk,

You are very welcome! That is cool that you are getting a set!

I just paused from work at the office and went and mounted one of the rears. I double checked and the CTE shock and the stock shock are the EXACT same lenght when laying side by side.

I also did a "******* shock dyno test" and they definitely feel softer on the lower 2 settings!

Can't wait to get them all on when I get back next week and try them out.

PLEASE give us some of your expert feedback on yours when you can.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Will do 928GT

As I was telling Shawn I knocked out my alignment
last weekend (pretty bad)

I took it to My local Honda Dealer who is the
only one that has ever touched my machine
and he said all is fine and brought it back to
spec's but did say in about 2000 more miles
I should have the tie rods replaced it has 6100
now so it looks like I going to have all of this done
at the same time

I sent you a PM

·
Registered
23 Posts
The suspension on my Foreman is my only beef. I'm not a big guy so the stiff suspension is killing me. I'll be callin Shawn asap to order a set. Thanks for the research.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
A big thanks to guys who put in all the effort to figure this out.I'd like to try just a set on the rear,see how that works out .

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi,

Will these shocks work on my 2005 foreman 500 s?

thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE ("2foremen":1zbt5dc4)
Hi,

Will these shocks work on my 2005 foreman 500 s?

thanks
Will work on all 05-up Foremans or Rubicons.

If we can get some measurements of the distance from top to bottom shock "eyes" on the earlier models we could confirm fitment on those also.

Also someone else may know if the standard shocks are interchangable from the eariler versions to the later ones (or vice versa).

We could check some of the fitment guides for some fo the aftermarket shock companies which would also help confirm the year ranges for their shocks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would not waste your money. Spend it elsewhere to improve your ride. Oh, in no way will they ride like a rincon.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE ("putang59":2yjuw2ty)
I would not waste your money. Spend it elsewhere to improve your ride. Oh, in no way will they ride like a rincon.
Trust me, You won't be wasting my money, my wife wouldn't let you

Judging from your list of mods, just like the rest of us we have all "wasted" a lot of money. BUT $300 or so for an adjustable suspension is pretty darn cheap. Just having the option to stiffen up the front when plowing and putting it back to soft when not, Plus doing the same for extra rear weight (or not) is well worth the money to me.

You may call it wasting money, but of course your opinion is as good as anyone elses. Especially if it is based on actual experiance with the subject. Please educate us to why you feel the CTE shocks are a waste of money? We all learn here from each others actual experiance and we would appreciate yours instead of just a quick "waste of money" statement.

We are all ears for your suggestions on improving our ride and giving us adjustability. I have not been able to find an adjustable suspension at even 3 times the cost of the CTE shocks.

BTW, no one said it would make a Foreman or Rubicon ride like a Rincon, the statement was "almost" and concerning plushness of ride. These statements were from several of your fellow Canadian owners that have actually ridden them (Rubicon CTE and Rincon) back to back.

G

·
I have an 07' Rubicon CTE (1000km) and I ride with them on the softest setting and sometimes I think it still rides a little rough. I am 210lbs and have a quad box full of goodies. I don't think it would be worth it to purchase them. But now I haven't rode a non CTE Honda so I don't know what to compare it to.. my 2 cents.....[/list]

·
Registered
560 Posts
928GT
Before you mount the CTE shocks it would be interesting to see if you could compare them to your stock shocks to see if you can determine what setting (1 thru 5) is closest to your stock. Don't know if you have any avail way to measure how much force is required to compress each a certain distance for example. If not,your best guestimate would be a great help. Would be nice to know if the entire range of the CTE is firmer, softer or ideally if the stock falls in the middle.
Im sure many guys on here appreciate the value of an adjustable setup at these prices.( have you priced the 512'S ) Also appreciate your efforts to secure the deal and pass it on.
Now if you could just find a set to fit my 400!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Desert Hawk,

A little "birdie" just told me something shipped out to you today!!

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
QUOTE ("928GT":2njtuc1f)
Desert Hawk,

A little "birdie" just told me something shipped out to you today!!
Yes

I just was reading an E-Mail on that subject

I'll think I'll be doing some business with Shawn
Fantastic Follow Up and Customer Service

I hope I'll have time to get them on as this is
where I'll be this weekend

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, that trail looks like almost all the ones around here Sure you are not going to Brown Mountain, NC or Tellico?? If you do you better let me know!

I finally had a chance to get mine on and do some measurements for those that were interested.

On the next to the lowest setting (this is how they come when shipped) the ATV height seems to be the same as the stock coilovers(front and rear). When you go to the lowest setting there is maybe a 1/16" difference (lower) on the front and 1/8" on the rear.. When you go all the way up to the highest setting it is approx 3/4" taller than stock on the front and 5/8" taller on the rear.

All of these measurements were taken as my Foreman is currently loaded (as seen in my avatar) except with no lift to get stock reference. Measurements taken on a level concrete floor, centerline at the center of each wheel to the fender at exact referenced marks. I bounced the suspension between every change.

The results are what I expected and I am VERY pleased so far!

BTW, a 5.5 (5mm will also work) Allen Wrench does work best for adjusting them because you can use the short end of it when the adjuster hole is close to the front tires.

Won't get to ride until this weekend so will give more feedback later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I PUT A PERFEX LONG TRAVEL KIT ON MY RUBICON A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, AND HAVE NOTICED A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER STOCK. I THINK A COMBINATION OF THE LTK AND CTE SHOCKS WOULD MAKE THE RIDE AS CLOSE TO A RINCON AS POSSIBLE. I'LL BE ORDERING A SET WHEN I HAVE THE EXTRA FUNDS. AS FAR AS THE LTK GOES ITS THE BEST $116 I'VE EVER SPENT, AND PERFEX ALSO HAS TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE. I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE OF YALL'S REVIEWS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My CTE shocks are on order as well. Should have then Friday or Monday.

From what I have read, it seems like the Maxxis Bighorn radials compliment the CTE shocks very well for smoothing out the ride.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.