Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an FO-14 tractor muffler welded up to the stock spark arrester on my quad. Needless to say it is pretty **** loud. I found out that there is a test the DNR may perform to see if exhausts are under 94db at 19 feet half throttle. I think my exhaust may not pass this test and wondering if anybody knows of any tricks to temporarily quite down my exhaust for such a test.

My friend suggested putting a sock in the air filter to reduce airflow/noise. Would this work? If I did this I would obviously not be giving it full throttle until I removed the sock.

Ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i dont neccisarily have a answer to your question but was wondering what test why would they be performing this test and what does your mod do for reverse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The zip tie eliminates the need to push in the reverse button to shift into reverse. Move your parking brake handle back and forth a few times and see what the cable does when you push the button. You will then know where to put the zip tie.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
you could jam steel wool up into the muffler, that may act as a baffle. i wouldnt run it long though because it might fall out.
-Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.