Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new here. i know this is already discussed here

Right, as some of you may be aware hoggs are making a nice touch this time. Got a bit spare too invest in a fresh quad

Always been Honda men, tried Yamaha, too thirsty. Tried Suzuki, broke too easily. Tried Polaris, the less said about that 馃挬 the better.

Salesman is trying too sell me a CanAm 450. Power steering etc. Reckons they are just as good as the Honda bikes. I鈥檓 currently on a Honda TRX 420 manual and she鈥檚 getting VERY tired.

I don鈥檛 listen much too salesmen. Has anyone swapped to a CanAm and is willing too share their thoughts on performance, fuel economy, handling etc??

Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all. I am new here. i know this is already discussed here

Right, as some of you may be aware hoggs are making a nice touch this time. Got a bit spare too invest in a fresh quad

Always been Honda men, tried Yamaha, too thirsty. Tried Suzuki, broke too easily. Tried Polaris, the less said about that 馃挬 the better.

Salesman is trying too sell me a CanAm 450. Power steering etc. Reckons they are just as good as the Honda bikes. I鈥檓 currently on a Honda TRX 420 manual and she鈥檚 getting VERY tired.

I don鈥檛 listen much too salesmen. Has anyone swapped to a CanAm and is willing too share their thoughts on performance and can am x3 accessories, fuel economy, handling etc??

Cheers
thanks for all your replies

Registered
So - Honda vs. Can Am on a Honda dedicated forum, eh? You'll find mostly Honda love around here but that's expected. I've worked for a dealership in the past that sold both (I worked in service). This was approx. 10 years ago and I was a Honda fan for sure. More people bought the Can Am quads because they offered the big power and nice ride - there was no comparison really. Outlander 650/800 were the most popular. Definitely had way more warranty work with BRP stuff but they were still working out the bugs. I guess it comes down to the deal you can get (CA was always more $) and what the warranty is like. Honda "used" to be more reliable but doubt that there's much difference anymore - they do ride better than in the past but are they as good as Can Am? I'd be tempted to try the new BRP stuff, their performance is impressive. I haven't bought any new quad, just find myself with fixer-uppers, haha. Good luck with your search, it's always a crapshoot out there! BTW, what part of the world are you in?

Registered
Well I think it鈥檚 just Honda Honda Honda ,plenty of power good ride but with half the maintenance issues,
don鈥檛 get me wrong can-am great quads lots of power but cost is higher, the 520 Honda is great power
and of the Makers in Japan can use there Hondas 25hrs a day 8 days a week 357 a year and leave them running while they add fuel, Well them Im sold (Sorry bro just a big Honda fan and will stay that way) never any major issues so im sold, good luck on your choice and ridem we鈥檒l be safe , cheers

Registered
I personally after owning Honda鈥檚 and Polaris. I鈥檓 sad to say I think the Honda鈥檚 aren鈥檛 made as good as the use to. Can you have problems with all kinds, yes. Even with my opinion I still think Honda鈥檚 are the best. Not as good as they were, but still the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts