Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase my first Honda and found a 2017 (Footshift) Honda Foreman Rubicon 500 that is all stock besides a snorkel kit and 33 in BKT's.

The guy wants $5100 for it and it has 140 hours. Looks pretty clean. My main quuestion would be the following...

Would I need to put a GR in this to take it mudding? My current quad is a Outlander 800 on 32 in silver backs with a 4 in lift/ snorkeled. I'd like for the Honda to be able to get through just as much if not more than my can am.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To answer your question yes you would need a GR....My question is why do you want a honda when you have an outlander 800?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer your question yes you would need a GR....My question is why do you want a honda when you have an outlander 800?
I’d like to have two bikes that can both hit the same places.

Here are pics and what the kid said about the Honda turning them

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fair enough! If you really want the bike get it im sure a GR would make a world of difference... it all comes down to what you want to do with your money! I always here about tire weight and spinning them and sometimes it better to try it and learn from personal experience. I know everyone tells me 27" outlaws are heavy for the 500 Rubicon auto...... from experience my buddy runs a 500 foreman foot shift no GR and has 27" mega mayhems and runs them no problem! They are about the same tire weight as the outlaws! 30lbs each on the front and 35lbs each on the rear!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts