Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
zipper1081 on here bought one off ebay and then figured out a way to make his own and i got one off him...it is easy as pie to install and uninstall...it takes an extra few seconds if you have handguards but its not bad at all..you just have to be careful when downshifting...

· Registered
168 Posts
I have the ebay thing and love it. It is my understanding that the shifter is protected to not be able to go into reverse when moving to avoid any mistakes. Is this not true? This is to prevent accidently shifting into reverse while moving. If this is the case, shoudn't be a problem either way. I only take the reverse bypass out if bring into dealer for warranty work, which I only have had first 20 hour service so far.

· Registered
57 Posts
Just use a zip tie on the cable. Thread zip tie through the hole backwards so that it doesn’t click or lock as you tighten it. Then when you need to remove it just pull it back out because it is not locked. No cutting needed and only takes a second to remove. Might help to use a bright colored one so you remember to take it off before going to the dealer or when someone else rides it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.