Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for posting this!! This is what brought me to this forum!!!!

After reading the replies, I came up with my own version of this fix, and that is a simple zip tie on the cable at the lever. I left it just a little loose, that way I can simply cut it off if I ever get brave enough to let the wife drive it, or I take it in for sevice. A bag of 100 heavy duty zip ties cost about $5, so this is very in-expensive and semi-permanent.

I liked the idea of the nut, but was afraid it would fall out under heavy riding. Hope this helps somebody out!

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE ("flyinscootrpilot":24dlmm98)
I did the ziptie method on mine monday and noticed you still need to have the brakes on when you shift into Rev or it makes loud noise when shifted in. But instead of me having trouble with the thing not wanting to go into Rev it goes right in now!
Weird, mine is not like that at all. Instead, it just goes through neutral, right into reverse. Mine is a 2005 though.

I wanted it for plowing snow more than anything. A couple friends said I wouldn't like it for everyday riding, but I haven't noticed any difference. I stop in gear, then go into neutral...so the chance of me hitting reverse while going forward is a long shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.