Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It's not safe to by-pass the reverse lock out ..I did it to my bike but I only use the bike to plow & haul wood ,so I drive it slow and I'm careful shifting .. It does make it a lot easier to plow with , you can keep your left hand on the up/down toggle switch & still shift into reverse ..

All I did was slid the rubber boot covering the rear brake/parking brake ..Put the bike in reverse then without releasing the lever I put a 10mm nut between the pivot & stopper (just on the reverse cable not the brake cable) this holds the reverse lock-out activated .. To release to just push the litttle red button pull the parking brake lever and the nut will drop out .. Then the reverse is back to normal ..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have my reverse lock-out button engaged all the time ..(just in the winter when I plow snow) .. And the reason I have it like that is because I drive & run the throttle with my right hand and I keep my left hand on the mini rocker switch that runs the winch .. It costs nothing to have it engaged all the time I just use an 8mm nut .. Engage the reverse and with the brake still squeezed put the nut in to jam the reverse lock so it won't dis-engage ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.