Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my air filter with the PJ-1 spray cleaner and rinsed it out. It felt clean, but when it dried, the interior gray part of the filter felt, and smelled like that PJ-1 spray cleaner.

So I douched it with more water. A lot more water. Seemed like I got the remaining cleaner out. When it was dry, I could still smell and feel that spray cleaner on the inside gray part of the filter.

What do you guys do to get rid of it all? Should I throw it in a bucket to sit overnight? Can I just re-oil? The instructions say it rinses off easy, but its seems to seep more out as the filter dries.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PJ-1 cleaner spray worked great on cleaning the dirt for me, I just used too much. The instructions said to saturate the filter and let sit for 15 min. Well, I took saturation just a little too far. Thats what I get for reading the instructions HAHA. What I learned was its best to use as little as possible, then rinse. If the filter is still dirty, just repeat. I on the other hand went psycho with it and now need to rinse the **** thing 100 times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.