Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
if i remember right it doesnt realy matter (it does the same thing eather way) . you may have to try it one way then the other and see how it works
look on the bright side you got a 50/50 shot lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh man the 50/50 shot has me nervous. I would hate to get this thing together and find out I put it together wrong. It's a pain to take apart.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
just do it on the bench. when its put back together ,spin it a few times that SHOULD tell you if its good to go

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just FYI, it's set up like the first picture. Cup towards the spool. At least it works this way. I found other stress fractures in the aluminum while reassembling that were not found prior to the case being welded. I'm wondering if this was a bad casting from Honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All assembled and running great! While in there the spool was added and man what a difference. Turning is more difficult, which was expected. But not as hard as people on here say. Mine is all time 4x4 as well. Turns just a bit harder than it did before, prob twice as hard at slow speeds, barely noticeable once you're above 7mph or so, so 1st gear. Holds a straight line really well now :lol:. Also, reversing is more of a challenge, it wants to go full lock but not to hard to keep it from doing so. Makes a good workout when riding now too!

Oh and did I mention on pavement it leaves rubber behind when turning! Awesomeness. And it is a beast on any hill. Pulling trees it doesn't dig holes in my lawn anymore like it did with just one of the front tires spinning, it just GOES!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay finally got everything back to put together! The guys I took the case to did a great job welding it.

Here's my question, since I took so long taking this thing apart and getting it fixed... I don't remember where things went in the front diff. I have one side put together and now I'm doing the other side and that's where I'm hung up. I'm following the HL spool install instructions as I'm doing that at the same time. I'm at the point where it says to reinstall the concave spring washer and spring seal. I don't know what the spring seal is?? And also, the concave washer, which way does it go? Cupped towards the spool or cupped away from the spool? Examples: 1st one is toward, 2nd is away from.
hello so ik this is was years ago but I have a question idk if you will see this but may I ask if you still have that bike you welded the diff in it i have this same problem and idk if I should weld it I was wondering if it will last or not hope you anwser.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts