Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive found I need to rebuild my master cylinder. 2001 Honda Rubicon with the super ATV disc brake kit. Would I be better off fixing the one for the original drums or swapping to a disc brake master cylinder?

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
It's just a pump,it does the same thing for disk or drum brakes. I would just rebuild it if it's in good enough shape.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a pump,it does the same thing for disk or drum brakes. I would just rebuild it if it's in good enough shape.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It was done maybe a year and a half ago, now really doesn't do much, I can get a rebuild kit for $20 or a new Honda 2005+style master for $50. That's why I was wondering if it would be ok/work better.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I'd order a used 500 Foreman master cylinder from powersportsnation.com. About $20 shipped, no labor required on your part other than installing it.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered a used 07-14 rubicon master cylinder. Noticed it has a bigger and longer lever on it, an additional brake switch, but same reservoir size. If I can tonight, I'll get comparison pics for people interested.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Rubicon has a "start in gear" switch on the right hand brake lever.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I used a 500 Foreman master cylinder on my kid's 350 rancher. One microswitch to the brake lights and the other I wired in a start in gear feature, where the bike will start in gear, but only when the lever is pulled, so it's like my 500's and the wife's 420.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The master from psn came in and it needs to be rebuilt, I bled and bled it,thing barely has any resistance on the lever. There's no air in the lines. 7443 bulb sockets fit the taillights with a little filing.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
If it's bad call PSN and they will replace it. No need to rebuild.

I've only gotten one bad part from them (brake lines that had some sort of blockage in them) and they sent out a replacement ASAP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts