Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want brake lights on your honda, here is how I installed mine .

I wanted the micro switches for the hand brake levers, I got the part numbers from a Honda dealer microfiche.
The switch p/n is 35340-ML4-005.(needed 2 of them 1 for each hand brake @ $11.17 each)
Also needed was...
1 stop switch collar p/n 35345-HF1-830 ($3.78)
1 screw-washer (4x20) p/n 93893-04020-07 ($.55)
1 screw-wasger (4x14) p/n 93893-04014-07 ($.50)
I am too cheap to pay the $100 plus for the "Honda Brakelight Kit" and have already run the wiring and added a "brake light"(actually two side marker lights bolted to my trunk door, or next to it.) All told it has cost less than $35.00 this way.
I have done 2 Recons(97&2000), 1 Rancher(2001), and 1 Foreman 450es(2004) with these parts. There is also a foot brake switch available, but I have not ordered it or installed it yet.

Note: I have only found the "Honda Stop Lamp Kit" listed for the "97-98" Recon and it says "Maine Only" on the microfiche.
I hope these part numbers will help others.
With these part numbers any Honda dealer should be able to order them. (I have ordered from 2 different dealers) If anyone needs to know who I ordered these parts from P/M me and I will send you the name and phone number of the dealer.
Here are some pic's of the switch install. You may have to register,(free), and sign in to see the pics.
I hope this info will help others.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Good stuff - Thanks for the write up!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I guess thats another good thing they did for the '05. It already has dual brake light like the Rincon.

I thought the older Forman had them too. Is that just a running light then in back?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. Just a running light.

·
Registered
188 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Rancher ES Brake Lights

Thanks for the info. I am just an old man in New Mexico, however I am going to attempt to follow your directions to set up my 2005 Rancher ES with brake lights. It has two head lights and two tail lights and I want to install brake lights and turn signals. Hopefully, it will work and I will not kill the electrical system. I assume that the microswitch is simply a in-line hot wire to the second filament in the light bulb. Direct from the Positive electric or any hot wire to the bulb with the other side grounded. Am I right? Could a person use a simple switch under the brake pedal to accomplish the same thing?

I am going to attempt to install turn signals as soon as I can find a switch for on the handlebars. I have no idea of what I am doing, but I have mounted a "rest seat" on my rear carrier and it has a tail light built into it so I will wire it to be the brake lite and the two standard honda lights as the turn signals.

If you have any great ideas, I am open for suggestions.

Rodger in New Mexico at 8800 Feet. In the Clouds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Rancher ES Brake Lights

QUOTE ("RWNORRIS":b9mnqxlw)
Thanks for the info. I am just an old man in New Mexico, however I am going to attempt to follow your directions to set up my 2005 Rancher ES with brake lights. It has two head lights and two tail lights and I want to install brake lights and turn signals. Hopefully, it will work and I will not kill the electrical system. I assume that the microswitch is simply a in-line hot wire to the second filament in the light bulb. Direct from the Positive electric or any hot wire to the bulb with the other side grounded. Am I right? Could a person use a simple switch under the brake pedal to accomplish the same thing?

I am going to attempt to install turn signals as soon as I can find a switch for on the handlebars. I have no idea of what I am doing, but I have mounted a "rest seat" on my rear carrier and it has a tail light built into it so I will wire it to be the brake lite and the two standard honda lights as the turn signals.

Before you get all carried away.......Did you say you have a 2005 Rancher ES??? We have that same quad and it HAS brake lights already. Double check your's. There will be micro-switches on both bar levers and a switch for the brake pedal with a long spring running back to it on the right rear frame, behind the fender.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Dr.Doom is right ..The Honda 350 has had brake lights since 2004 .. So you should just need to set up signal lights .. That isn't to bad a job you'll need some kind of signal lights on the front, flasher, L/R selector switch, to hide the wires good you'll probably need about 25-30 feet of wire ..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Nice write up on both you guys parts. Very informative and easily exlpained. Thanks and good job again...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: Rancher ES Brake Lights

QUOTE ("RWNORRIS")

Once you have the brake lights (if you run dual brake lights) all you would need is a 3 way toggle switch and a flasher to make turn signals using the same wireing and lights.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sounds cool...keep us posted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried any of the off-road bike kits, they should have all of the switches and wiring?

·
Registered
16 Posts
brakelight switch

Hi
I appreciate this is an old thread but does anyone have a photo of the brakelight switch in position on the handbrake/rearbrake side. I have got the switch as per the initial thread. I cant seem to get the original photos as posted.
I have just bought an ex military 1992 Trx450/Foreman which is just back from Afganistan and I am trying to get it road legal for the UK, once i get rid of all the sand.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brakes for 2002 Honda Rubicon

Thanks a million this was great information. I had one brake swich on the front hand brake not sure why because their is no Brake light. i ordered a 2nd one for $11 and ordered some LEDs 12vDC from email just waiting....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks a million this was great information. I had one brake swich on the front hand brake not sure why because their is no Brake light. i ordered a 2nd one for $11 and ordered some LEDs 12vDC from email just waiting....
The purpose of that brake switch that is already on there is to let the ATV start in gear when you have the brake pulled in.

·
Registered
742 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts