Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to owning an ATV and recently purchased a 2005 Foreman. It is now at 100 hours and I need to do some routine maintanence. What do you all recommend given that the bike was purchased used. My inclination is to assume that nothing was done at 20 hours. So given that line of thinking, what should be on my to do list? I know oil change and air filter. What about differential and brake fluids? Spark arrestor? Give me some clues or guide me to some kind of reference book that you all enjoy and that would be a huge help. I have reviewed my owners manual and don't feel like it is very much help. Some wet fingered experience would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Here's what I would do:
1)Change engine oil and filter
2)Service air filter
3)change gear lube in both differentials
4) replace spark plug
5)Check valve adjustment;adjust if necessary
6)Look it over really well:brakes,suspension,wheel bearings,c.v.boots,etc.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What he said ^

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so that is about what I was thinking other than valve adjustment. What is the best online source for the diff. lube, engine oil, spark plug, air filter, etc? I tried a few of the OEM part sites, but i was overwhelmed by hard to read schematic diagrams. Do I just buy these parts at AutoZone or the like?

·
Registered
339 Posts
QUOTE ("cmm1970":2u9ydrgb)
OK, so that is about what I was thinking other than valve adjustment. What is the best online source for the diff. lube, engine oil, spark plug, air filter, etc? I tried a few of the OEM part sites, but i was overwhelmed by hard to read schematic diagrams. Do I just buy these parts at AutoZone or the like?
Just go to your local Honda Dealer. They may be a little higher on parts, but by the time you pay shipping etc on these inexpensive parts it will probably not be worth it. PLUS you will know you have the right stuff for the job.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh, save some gas money and buy at least 2 oil filters and extra oil for the next oil change. It sure is nice to have it on the shelf when you need it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just want to add , check and clean all your electrical connections, physically , and ..well i always use a good spray that doesn't wash off . or throw off... or die electric grease... nothing like trouble free adventures !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.