Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these at Lowes. It is a am/fm cd player that has power plugs in it. It runs off of electricity or it can run off of a 19 volt battery. Has anyone ever heard or seen these? I'm thinkin' of gettin' one for my Foreman. It seems pretty durable. It is made by Bosch power tools. I see other folks who spend a fortune on stereo systems for their atv's. How do they wash their atv & not hurt their stereo & speakers? I want one that I can take off & put back on easily. Gotta have my Merle Haggard when on the trails.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know about the Bosch brand, but a friend of mine has a DeWalt box that uses the 18V battery packs or AC cord. He uses it on a construction site all the time, and it has lasted through a couple of years of drywall and metal framing.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i would need something water proof for all the water i go through

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Bosch Power Box is supposed to be "water resistant". I just don't know to what extent.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing, I just wander about the water too. I think they would be alright, unless dunked for a period of time. It would be an expensive experiment.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
whos got a link to see one?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There's a DeWalt one on ebay, Item #4366244692. It's at $88.99 now with two days left. But you can look at it and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
my roomate just boguht one of those 2 days ago. I guess the bosch one is the same. Ill look at the box for the dewalt and see what it says about water lol.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There is a Bosch one on ebay too....there's one that has a "Buy it Now" price of $179 and then there's one that is only at about $5 with no reserve and two days left on it.....the shipping is $30 for that one though. But it doesn't look like the DeWalt one. The item # is 7501693521

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I am building a radio box for my friend. Its a marine AM/FM cassette player, with two 6.5" speakers. Won't be ready for MS&G, but it will be soon. He got it real cheap so we thought we try it out on the bike.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Reese built one and mounted it in an ammo can on the front rack of his bike and it works real good.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got off of the Dewalt web-site & could not find any kind of am/fm cd radio of any sorts. Is the Dewalt basically the same thing as the Bosch Power Box? If so, where do you get them at?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are 3 Bosch Power Box's on Ebay. I keep gettin' outbidded for some reason. I think someone has it rigged to when I bid, they will automatically bid higher. It is what it seems like anyway.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far I am the high bidder on one on Ebay. It has about 5 hours left. I just might get this one. It even comes with a 14.4 volt Bosch rechargable battery. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am so mad that I could spit nails. I got outbid the last 13 seconds. I feel like punchin' who ever did that in the nose. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but when you have your heart set on something it just makes you mad

1 - 20 of 39 Posts