Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 honda foreman. Took it in deep water the other day and ran great, shut it off for a few minutes and the bike wouldnt start back up. Let it dry for 25-30min and it started up and ran fine. Spark plug boot is sealed with dialectric along with all the other connectors so i thought. Got the bike home, started up fine then went to wash it and it wouldnt start again until i let dry. My question is, when wet, what electrical connectors will cause this? Not sure if it’s a connection to the ignition, cdi, or EFI system. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could be ANY of those connectors. When you say it won't start, does it:
  1. Spin over but not fire
  2. Not spin over at all
  3. Spin and cough/sputter

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would go through the connectors at the ECU and the Regulator, but it could really be anywhere. Intermittent issues are the most difficult to troubleshoot.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Wash it while its running. Once you get to the place it kills it it should narrow it down some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No warranty with the bike, bought it through a private sale. Gonna have to break the multi-meter out and just start at the ignition connectors.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am not sure but don't think you need the papers unless it's hot. Run the vin number and check the warranty. Somebody here should be able to tell us if they go by the vin number or date of sale. Google website for checking the warranty with the vin, I have it somewhere, looked but don't see it on this computer, if you can't find it let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys so i took my bike out again and same issue of course.... narrowed it down to a fueling issue. Bike is getting spark but no fuel to the injector. Both connectors that run to the injector are clean and greased so im thinking it may Have to do with no power going to my fuel pump?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts