Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to read up but I see so many different variations. I just recently picked up a 2005 4x4 Foreman ES. I want bigger tires, of course. Im coming from a Jeep on 33's, locked with long travel suspension and all. I have to be able to take the quad where I took it. haha, I would like bigger tires but not to get it too top heavy, all I pretty much do is dry trails, rocks, dirt and ledges. How would a 2 inch lift be, a little bit bigger tires? I was thinking maybe the 26 inch or so MTR's, I had the MTR's on my Jeep and always found them to be great tire, dont know how they would be on a quad. Maybe theres better for what I do? How will the drivetrain hold up with the occasional getting on the gas to get over a ledge or obstical? I am happy with the traction and front LSD so far... Any ideas or thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
670 Posts
well...

from what i gather, the biggest tires on a stock bike would be 28".

but from what you are saying about where you ride and wouldn't worry about lifting and putting bigger tires, you don't want to be top heavy so i would go with about a 26-27" all terrain.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I like 27's, they give you an inch of added clearance and you can't tell the difference in heighth. Machine still handles/feels same. Powertrain handles 27's no problem.

Tires? There are a lot of choices out there, good luck.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah if your not going to do any mudding I would not worry about going even bigger than 26's but the 27's like eric said will give you more ground clearance. If you want more power to get over the rocks etc get a hmf pipe jet kit and k&n air filter to go with your new tires. Guys on here put 29.5 inch tires on there foremans without a lift so a lift is NOT NEEDED, but I can see why you would want one, there just cool! But not needed. Unless your a big guy like me. I think I would need a lift if I went to 27's. When I ride mine it squats down a little losing some tire clearance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I will probabaly go with out the lift for now and give it a shot. I also wanted the do the pipe, intake and jet kit but have one big concern. I will be using to quad for hunting alot. I know the HMF pipe is loud but then I heard of a quiet insert??? How quite does it get it? Back to stock?

Tom

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I think you can heat up the plastic and reshape it insted of cutting it off. Ask Robb hes got his set up with 29.5's on his with no cutting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to do some rear fender trimming to fit my 27" Swamp Lites. Straight from Traxms.com the rears measured 28.5, but the fronts measured 27". I'm a big guy myself, but the only time I have any trouble is if I'm coming down a hill fast and hit a hard dip at the bottom. The front tires still hit the fender brace even after I "hammer" adjusted them when I went to the 27"x10" fronts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.