Honda Foreman Forums banner

BIG BORE KITS

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Darren 
#1 ·
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY MAKE A BIG BORE KIT FOR THE 500.
WHERE AT AND HOW MUCH.

#2 ·
nope they sure dont make one, or a cam i think i've annoyed everyone in the world about those two mods and they dont seem to be hurrying up about making them

#3 ·
you know maybe if we all started annoyin the he** outta some of the companies they'd start making these parts for our bikes. just cause they arent the biggest displacement or IRS or EFI doesnt mean they arent capable , I've rode with grizzlys, brute forces and everything else and yea i'm used to bein the little guy(fourwheeler only haha) but it'd be nice to have some more options beside a pipe filter and a jet kit to get more oomph outta these things. sorry guys i'm just venting cause i can't find any of the mods I really want.

#5 ·
these bikes are a popular bike, I can't ride without seeing at least one more somewhere along the trails on a crowded day, just because we didn't lay down 8 grand for a brute force or an outlander doesnt mean we dont want the parts to make our bikes better

#6 ·
who sells the big bores for the 450's

#7 ·
All a big bore kit is, is a larger piston and rings. You can get larger pistons and rings from Honda (under $100), then bore your cylinder. Then you have a big bore kit. You do not need to buy an overpriced kit like HL sells.

#9 ·
truckman they have honda kits but none for a 500 foreman

#11 ·
what about a rubicon big bore kit? it only makes it a 550 though.
-Aaron

#13 ·
i have

i have bored mine out 1.00mm and it has a diff. i can now pull the front tires off the ground at a dead stop in first with out droping the shifter. i have a lot more done to this bike too though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.