Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
yea it is but can you justify the $150 for a ATV battery ?

no way! i really cant justify it at all, last fall i bought two heavyduty interstates for my skidder and it was only $170.oo for both but i did get a deal, im not much of a football fan but i have to say sorry for your loss! i have a freind thats a huge giants fan and last year he switched from honda to a grizz(dumba--) i bet you guys would get along great:happy

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
424 Posts
05 stock battery? pretty impressive! that speaks volumes, imo.
Never been on a charge either. Dont get me wrong, anytime it can go out but when it does I wont be upset. Its served it purpose well. lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
I dont know, I've had terrible luck with those **** Yuasa batteries. But the dealer replaces them for nothing even when I had one go bad out of warranty so I still have them in the two newer rides. I'm not sure what is in my 98 300, I've never had to touch it.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I have gone through two oem batteries in my 06, thats why I bought an agm battery, What do I have to lose lol.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I went into Walmart thinking I was gonna get me a 30-40 dollar cheapo battery, no such luck as I ended up shelling out 80 and some change.
It said something about it being a new technology Gel cell battery or something like that?
If there was a Honda dealer in town I would have went with oem but Walmart is a mile from my house and I wanted one now!lol
It sure seems like battery prices have sure gone up in the last decade,I recently purchased a teeny tiny little battery for a 75 Kawasaki triple streetbike and back in the day I use to buy these batteries at the local shop for under 20 bux, these days its worth 45 bux.

·
Registered
506 Posts
anyone ever try the Odyssey batteries? I hear they are supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Replaceable/Maintenance parts review and where to buy would be a good "sticky". From this thread I learned about Battery Mart and their AGM batteries look like good prices if they hold up.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well I just ordered the big crank AGM battery ( thanks kipes) I'll keep y'all updated when it comes in and I put it on.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Well I just ordered the big crank AGM battery ( thanks kipes) I'll keep y'all updated when it comes in and I put it on.
No prob GD thats what were all here for isnt it, I didnt buy my battery from there, I found the site after I bought an agm battery locally but I am impressed with how fast it spins the motor over. I also run heated grips and thumb warmer and a winch. Good luck with yours.:happy

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have had good luck with OEM.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I havent, been through two oem batteries since 06 I think they suck.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Interstate wheeler batteries are good.. I have one is my 2000 rancher.. Works great so far.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Research and spend a little more and get a good battery those $29.95 batteries last 9 months to 1-1/2 yrs if you are lucky, I got one of those after market Gel batteries still going strong after 4 yrs. Paid about 90.00 for it!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts