Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well look like my battery gave out on me. Anybody have any experience with an aftermarket one? Or should I go back with a Honda one? The Honda one is about 70 bucks. Looks like I can get an aftermarket one alot cheaper. So if anybody's had any experience let me know.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
You will find that a large portion of batteries (regardless of brand name) are manufactured by one of two companies. Johnson Controls or Exide. Not all batteries are made by these two but a large portion are. Johnson builds better quality batteries than Exide IMHO and experience. Google the brand names to find out the manufacturer. Honda batteries are likely made by either one of these or Yuasa. Yuasa makes a great deal of powersports batteries for different manufacturers.

I have always had good luck with Die Hard and Autocraft (made by JohnsonControls). Some other brand Johnson makes include interstate, duralast, and optima. I know Johnson supplies to Honda for cars, just not sure about ATV's.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i always get an oem replacement from the stealership...79.99 before tax. and they are always the yuasa brand. i've had this current one for over two years and i've never even wondered if my bike will crank. i will continue to purchase this battery.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i always get an oem replacement from the stealership...79.99 before tax. and they are always the yuasa brand. i've had this current one for over two years and i've never even wondered if my bike will crank. i will continue to purchase this battery.

My eiger battery is a yuasa. 5 years and still running strong.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
There is newer technology out there guys, I just bought an agm(absobent glass mat) battery for mine and it spun the motor over faster than any oem battery would. Research before you buy is all Im saying.

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
:iagree

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just picked up a WPS battery for my 08 250ex. It cranks that little motor over nice and fast. My 05 Foreman still has the stock battery in it, cranks over as good as it did the day i bought it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
stock battery! walmart battery's suck it only lasted yr and a half and wouldst hold a charge for 30 extra bucks go OEM

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A Honda and a Fleet Farm AGM both worked good and about the same price !!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I just picked up a WPS battery for my 08 250ex. It cranks that little motor over nice and fast. My 05 Foreman still has the stock battery in it, cranks over as good as it did the day i bought it.
05 stock battery? pretty impressive! that speaks volumes, imo.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is newer technology out there guys, I just bought an agm(absobent glass mat) battery for mine and it spun the motor over faster than any oem battery would. Research before you buy is all Im saying.
How much did that one run you?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stock battery! walmart battery's suck it only lasted yr and a half and wouldst hold a charge for 30 extra bucks go OEM
My oem one only lasted 1 year and 3 months. Now I have alot running off of it (winch, lights, radio etc) but still shoulda lasted longer

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
My oem one only lasted 1 year and 3 months. Now I have alot running off of it (winch, lights, radio etc) but still shoulda lasted longer
most not of charged it right or something i know a few people that have had them for 7+ years with zero issues

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I always go to oriellys autoparts store they have a good selection of aftermarket and oem batteries for atv/utvs

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
i have always had great luck with yuasa and they have never been over $80.oo, but that one that rich posted seems pretty snazzy to say the least

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
i have always had great luck with yuasa and they have never been over $80.oo, but that one that rich posted seems pretty snazzy to say the least
yea it is but can you justify the $150 for a ATV battery ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts