Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Rancher AT and considering a set of tires

i mostly ride trail and a little mud

im looking at the bear claws because they are the only tire i can find in the factory sizes,

and yes i would like to stick to 24 because i want to retain the little power i do have

any opinions greatly appreciated

munlin

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Bearclaws will do you fine for mostly trail riding. You should not have a prob w/ 25s even. Dirtdevils (come in 24s also) are good, if not better, trail tires as well. For a similar price too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the 25 mudlights on my Rancher AT and it turned them fine i could even still sling it around. almost like stock tires

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shep,

are you running the AT are LX 25 inch mudlites?

i really want to keep my factory black rims and the XL only comes in 12 rims.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yea im running the AT's hey fit on my factory black wheels

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my 350 i have 25" Mud Bugs 12" on rear and 10" on front. Excellent in mud, sand, snow. Rough ride on hard pack. Did find a loss in power. Just bought 25" Bear Claws for my wife's 350. 12.5" on rear and 10" on front. Going this Sunday to try them, we just got 10 - 12 inch of snow.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
bearclaws do great on trails but the tread is really small.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no experience with other tires on this particular quad, but I rode a Rubicon with stock tires on the trails for a few miles and then my Rubicon with 27" Bear Claws all around and did not feel much of a difference in the ridee,,,,very smooth on the trails I found.

[email protected]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got back from a ride. 10 -12 inch of snow, had an awesome time. This was the first time with Bear Claws, thay worked well in snow, happy with them, did not see loss of power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts