Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the key on one night and it killed the battery, completely dead. I charged it for like 2 hrs and the wheeler ran fine for 15 minutes (towed a trailer and whipped around the yard..shifting alot) while I was using it. Then a couple days later, the battery is not completely dead but will not turn over the motor. Is this a battery issue or a charging issue.

02 450es with about 2400 miles.

Thanks in advance?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like a charging issue to me. I did th same thing with the key and I charged it ovenight ( about 8 hours) and it started fine and is still going strong today.

I wonder what the life of a factory battery is. I bought this ATV new in 2004 and it is the same battery. Starts fine. Runs excellent!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE ("Caveman64":2d054icz)
15 minutes is not enough time to recover from a complete drain, charge it at very low amps over night. When I say low like, .5-1.5 amps. Then try it again.
ok, did that last night and I will run it today. Thanks guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Caveman is right, you will need to slow charge at very low amps. Your battery should read 12.50 volts min. after charge. Average lead acid battery life is 4 years, usually powersport batteries last around 2 years, because vibration shakes them apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.