Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum, I just bought a 2012 foreman, no real paperwork with it, the VIN is 1HPTE380XC4003544, from research I think that the 10th digit C confirms the year? however, I am curious as to what exact model this is, there doesn’t seem to be any particular sticker or anything which states the model. When I’m online looking for parts like maintenance kits, I see a lot of them identified as going to “2011”. I want to get the basic PMs done, but want to be sure of the specs on the replacement items like oil/filter spark plug, air filter etc.. are the correct parts. I’ve read a lot online that the 2012 was a “new generation” but then some of the same things that are discussed seem to also be on previous year models. From what I was told by the PO this is a TRX500FM, it does not have electric shift, it is liquid cooled, it is fuel injected. Are there any noticeable unique differences that would confirm what I have? Some things I need to fix: the rear drum brake is not working, I read up on that, and seems a pretty straight fwd repair. The front wheels have some play in them, so I am assuming the bearings need to be replaced, reading on that my question is should I replace the whole steering knuckle or just the bearings. Thanks for any advice, good to be on this forum.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

1 - 1 of 1 Posts