Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tried out my new 27" laws and clutch kit. everything went fine until i turned over in the creek...had to b pulled home by a rancher...what do i do now???? we finally got it to run by pulling it off...i figure id change the oil a few timees then ride again after i gert a snorkel kit..lol

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Just keep changing your oil until it goes clear, using the cheap stuff, then put in honda oil and change the filter. You should be good to go. I have always found that they run better tire side down.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i found that out too...

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have never drowned my bike out i was playing i a hole all day and i let my brother take it and it killed on him in the hole and instead of pushing it out he deceiced to try to start it in the water and sucks the water throw the exhaust and so i have to get pulled home by a 300 kitty and had to change my oil 7xs then add the honda oil so it was about 8xs total

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well at least we got all the water out before we tried to start it..im changing oil now ...looks like milk..i figure it will take 6 or 7 times at least..i just hope that is all that is wrong with it..i think the worst part was being pulled home by a stock rancher

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("brodie":1ry3xzmc)
i think the worst part was being pulled home by a stock rancher
No A polaris would have been worse!

You may want to run sone brake cleaner through the oil coolers to help flush them. There are a lot of traops there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DO I NEED TO CHECK THE FRONT AND REAR DIFFS??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I would. It only takes about 10 min to change them anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I HAD ANOTHER MAN ON HL TELL ME TO TEAR DOWN THE ENGINE TO GET THE DIRT OUT. IS THIS NECESSARY?? I HOPE NOT BUT I WOULD RATHER DO IT NOW THEN REPLACE EVERYTHING 2 YEARS FORM NOW.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey Brodie. just don't use diesel fuel like those other guys are saying.i'd use that cleaner like i posted elswhere and/or Marvel mystery oil and just keep flushing it out and probably 2 oil filters for all of this.it probably wouldn't hurt to unbolt the cooler lines and flush out with brakeclean like mentioned earlier.i don't think i'd tear the motor down unless the water was really muddy if it was somewhat clean just flush it out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im gonna go to the honda shop tomorrow and try and get some of that cleaner and the diff oil and some filters and finish all of this up, thanks for all of the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts