Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 450 Foreman backfires when I coast to a stop. Happens toward end of coast. Doesn't do it every time, but is getting more frequent. Has 4500 miles. Starts and runs great, quiet and I usually don't need the choke. Any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 2005 450 Foreman backfires when I coast to a stop. Happens toward end of coast. Doesn't do it every time, but is getting more frequent. Has 4500 miles. Starts and runs great, quiet and I usually don't need the choke. Any thoughts. Thanks
I haven't gotten any responces so I thought I would renew this post to see if anyone has any ideas on this probelm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still having backfire issues. Going to try aviation gas to see if helps. Also maybe do a compression test. What would be normal range of compression? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 2018 500 Forman Rubicon was doing the same thing. I changed the spark plug and cleaned the spark arrester on the exhaust and it stopped immediately. The spark arrester was full. Here’s a video on proper way to clean it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I set the valves and they seemed tight. Set them to .006. Seemed to help backfires. Happens way less now. Cleaned spark arrestor. SA plug was clean. Blew out tailpipe as per instructions. Idle came up after I adjusted valves. Maybe that was why it had a few backfires after VA. Slowed idle but haven't tested since. Will report in a few days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still having a few backfires. Seems less after I adjusted vavles. Did a compression test (65). Did not hold thottle open. Not sure of next step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts