Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a 2012 foreman 500 and i use to ride a few times a month but i havnt been able to ride much latley. i tried starting it up a few days ago and it has a very loud backfire when i try to crank and give alittle throttle. the battery died a few months ago and i got a new battery and it ran fine and started right up after that. but i cant get it to start up. it will turn over but i was wondering if it was with the plugs needing to be changed or need to pull gas out and do a full service.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
first off welcome to the site
as for your issue's
any time a atv sits for longer periods of time, you gamble with fuel issue's
modern ethanol fuel sucks, and can ho bad in weeks not months!

MY suggestion is drain fuel out of tank, inspect plug and see what it looks like
make sure air filter is clean, check your oil too
and see what happens

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think that was the first year fuel injection? I would guess stale gas and possibly fouled spark plug, possibly restricted fuel sock/filter.

If I’m wrong and it has a carb, gas goes stale fastest in small quantities when exposed to air. At the bottom of the carb bowl is a drain screw. Once the old gas has run out, open petcock for a sec, to flush, before closing the drain.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The 12 Foreman's had the filter/sock on the bottom of the pump & would clog or get dirty easier due to sediment in the bottom of the pump housing, I have a 13 foreman & they moved it up & to the side to help with that issue which is the only replacement parts you can get now I'm not saying that's your problem but it wouldn't hurt being 7yrs old to replace it because as stated ethanol gas causes lots of problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts