Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those look like they will wake any atv up. For us 450 guys, these look like they will clear the left shock being we have dual rears but has he tried to fit one to see and if so does it clear? If not does he have a short version that will fit the 450?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
in the picture with the dual paddles they have cut the housing on the axle? do they have to do that or is that just for the right side if you wanna run duals so you can slide the drum break over? and if you run one does it just mount with your studs for your wheel?
Im not sure what your looking at, keep in mind thats a 420 so its all open open. The way he designs it you dont have to do anything to your bike but take the wheel off,slip the paddle on and re-install the will.

Those look like they will wake any atv up. For us 450 guys, these look like they will clear the left shock being we have dual rears but has he tried to fit one to see and if so does it clear? If not does he have a short version that will fit the 450?
Ive seen alot of guys with 450s running into this problem, He doesnt have any setup for them that I know of. http://www.hondaforeman.com/128-foreman-450/80515-axle-paddle.html is where this guy was making them, but i cant see paying that much.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Im not sure what your looking at, keep in mind thats a 420 so its all open open. The way he designs it you dont have to do anything to your bike but take the wheel off,slip the paddle on and re-install the will.

ah i thought it was a 500. my rear axel has a fully enclosed housing around it and to get the duals it would be a b*tch to get that drum brake over with the housing around the axel lol oh well i only need one. but im afriad it wouldnt hold up very good bouncing off big rocks :unsure:

·
Registered
973 Posts

This isn't a 2012?? At first glance I thought it was a 2011 or older until I noticed the single shock. How does the 2011 and older look?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hey cox, you need to get a pic of a 2011 or order pic up here.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
this is a 420 rancher....

this is a foreman 500....

notice the fully closed axle housing on the foreman and the rancher has the axel showing at the ends and also the brake is in differants spots

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hey cox, you need to get a pic of a 2011 or order pic up here.
I see the difference but it's not a 2011 or older foreman.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry i hadnt been on lately guys, im using my ohone for now. Cvt hater is correct on whoch.is a 420 and which is a foreman.. Also notice the foreman airbox is visible on the right side (black tubing) . I only have pics of what he sent me. I went and picked mine up friday night. He told me that he can.make a dual set up for any 420, but a foreman is single paddle unless you delete the brake. Hes a pretty cool guy and done a **** good job even on the powdercoating. Just to clear any questions up he charges $125 PER side +$20 shipping. Which imo isnt bad, yea you could make one cheaper but after you see the pattern/time and $70+ in supplies hes got tied up that isnt bad.. Ive already orfer one for a buddys foreman.

·
Registered
973 Posts
A little bigger there for ya buddy. Looks good, now how well do they work?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks taz, my phone wouldnt let me.

i like it, I wouldnt call it a "full time" mud paddle and like any paddle or traction device you can still get stuck. BUT I like it for that reason though..I can still trail ride in 3rd-4th gears behind sport bikes and have no problems like some do with giant pieces of angle iron swinging around underneath. Saying that..its still there when you need it. last sat night I finally "used" it on a dry rut going down hill. Looks like a garden tiller went behind you. Didnt affect my power AT ALL on the trails. Now im sure i get in some really thick stuff ill notice it but no worse than what my executioners did.

·
Registered
973 Posts
So you're saying you get a shake due to the off balance at higher speeds?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So you're saying you get a shake due to the off balance at higher speeds?[/QUOTE]

NOT with this paddle, He really has it down pat. But sometimes you see guys with paddles that are simple pipe with random angle iron (half ass) that is all out of contorsion. I can honestly say you can get on my bike and run wide open and you'd never know that paddles there until you look.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ok, I got cha. I don't know if I all ready asked but if I get one would I need to add a spacer to the other side and what size?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Im only running spacers on the rear (front caused tougher steering). They arent required to run these though I like having them. Now on FOREMANS, you can only run a paddle on the left side due to the brake being set so far out on the right. If you decide you want one just let me know, ill pm you his number. All that is required to run his paddles are remove wheel, slip on paddle, install wheel.

Just realized what you may have been asking: The offset caused by having the paddle on the wheel is so minimal you or your bike wont notice it. Lug nuts still thread on great with plenty of bolt left

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay how do I get a hold of this guy to order me a set for my bike? I'm going to run duals I need his name Ph# and address like asap please!! thanks in advance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The attachment is of MY 420 on 27x9x12 mega mayhems with 1 1/2" spacers (not required) in the order of Wheel/Spacer/Paddle/hub.. Pm me for Erics number, if your interested you can call him and set up a buy

off topic but this has been bugging me seeing some of your other threads, why did you run 9's all the way around instead of putting some 11in wide tires on the back???? it looks weird

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
off topic but this has been bugging me seeing some of your other threads, why did you run 9's all the way around instead of putting some 11in wide tires on the back???? it looks weird
Cause he can? :blink: ....hehehe

21 - 40 of 158 Posts