Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to know who has a CD player on their ATV, and what does it look like?...im thinking about building one and Rhino lining it, nut i kinda need a design that doesnt block my POD light on the front of my bike...keep in mind i do have a Triangle snorkel and would rather try to mount a stereo on the front racks...pictures and opinions would be greatly accepted...THANKS...Darren

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'VE GOT ONE THAT I'M BUILDING. A CD PLAYER AND TWO 6"X9"s. I ALSO HAVE A SNORKLE ON MINE SO I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I DID MINE. IT WANT BE UNTIL NEXT WEEK UNTIL I FINISH IT SO KEEP LOOKING BACK AT THE POST.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
when i get done with mine i will make a thread and post up the pics...

mine is more military

·
Registered
670 Posts
i still have to attach the antenna and run the power wire...but this is what it looks like all closed up

·
Registered
286 Posts
here is the set up I have, Just a Chip board box that I have 2 6x9 Speakers in that point back towards me, Radio Deck/cassette player mounted Vertical out the top was able to fit it in the box behind the speakers Radio Ant on 1 side of Box and Power Cord on other and then bunge cord tied down the the front rack.

cuts off about 1/2 the Pod light but not 2 bad.

any way enjoy.

I had made the speaker box back when I was in HS, circa 1992 and put this together this last winter so I had something to listen to while plowing Snow.

Sublime out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just made one out of pvc and it works great minus the cd part,i've tried every kind of padding to keep it from skipping,but the cd's won't play if the gators are turning,gonna get a mp3 player to keep the tunes going.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
can cd players be used while riding or is atvs to rough for them

·
Registered
105 Posts
cd's might play on smooth ground on stock tires.Mine won't play if i'm rolling on anything.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE ("JWJR":3ohyn6gh)
can cd players be used while riding or is atvs to rough for them

Mine works while riding. I have rubber bushings under it to absorb vibrations.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
likes like i might have a project for me to do at some point

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE ("REDDOG":3uupc2ze)
QUOTE ("florida guy":3uupc2ze)
That would not do well in mud and water. My system is mud and water proof. The speakers where under water many times last weekend.[/quote]

Well mud and water is all I ride in down here in Florida. I used silicone on the radio. The speakers are the only thing that gets wet. I sprayed the speakers with a silicone spray and the internals stay dry and I have sunk it a few times. I just like that if I need the rack for any other reason all I need to do is remove the four bungee straps. Don’t get me wrong I like the other set ups. I was going to do one like that but after the coast of the marine radio and marine speakers and material for the boxes. I thought that the dewalt was the bets choice for me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here's my set up...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered a Jensen marine stereo package from Bass Pro. The stereo comes in a water resistant housing and I mounted the speakers in two 6" pvc 45's. I used MDF to close in the ends then coted it with fiber glass. Turned out prety good. The only problem was the stereo came DOA. I'm having to send it all back monday so they can send me new stuff.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.