Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of ya'll have ATV insurance??? I'm thinking about getting insurance on our bikes and want to know if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on some.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a place online and they quoted me $303 a year for two bikes. I just didn't know if that was a good deal or not. I don't think most people cover their ATV's but there is a place that we like to ride (private property) and the guy wants us to have insurance, so I was checking into it! Wouldn't be a bad idea anyway with all the bikes that have been getting stolen!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am paying 160 a year for a new '04 so that sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that quote was for the 04' 450 Honda and an 03' 700 Polaris. It's probably fair enough, I just wasn't sure since I've never had ATV insurance.
Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got mine from my dealer and payed 300 for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DANG!! Was for insurance or warranty???? If it was for insurance that's a good deal! I don't remember them offering that to me....but then again, even if they had of, I probably would have said no after all I had spent already!!! $$$ Bike, Tax & Warranty (ouch). But that is a good deal!

·
Registered
100 Posts
we carry insurance through progressive on all of our quads.....last summer our raptor flipped down a hill and then briefly caught on fire...
(all on its own....i swear)....after a claim call and a month or so..ta-da..totally rebuilt raptor....its well worth the 80-ish dollars per quad a year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE ("ForeWOMAN450":n7i9bdl8)
DANG!! Was for insurance or warranty???? If it was for insurance that's a good deal! I don't remember them offering that to me....but then again, even if they had of, I probably would have said no after all I had spent already!!! $$$ Bike, Tax & Warranty (ouch). But that is a good deal!

insurance

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("BIGSIX":xfsxsvam)
last summer our raptor flipped down a hill and then briefly caught on fire...
(all on its own....i swear)

Sure.....I can see your fingers crossed behind your back.

I thought about "forgetting" to tie my old polaris down in the back of my truck, when going down the highway a couple times too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'd say go for it.....progressive didnt exactly go to in depth in checking out our story.....and thanks to a buddy at the dealer we got it back with aftermarket parts in stead of factory stuff to boot...its amazing what a little push and some matches can do...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well honda told me you dont need insurance but they told me to add it to my homeowners insurance policy incase it got stolen of the house caught on fire.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("Rubicon3303":3m0xz4p5)
Well honda told me you dont need insurance but they told me to add it to my homeowners insurance policy incase it got stolen of the house caught on fire.
Mine almost got stolen in June of last year, but my wife caught them and they hauled tail. She called the insurance company to see about insurance and if they were covered under the home owners policy. They quoted $12 a month, and said that it was a good idea since the home owner's would not replace the quad at value. If they had gotten away with my wife's ( which was only one day old at the time) we would have only gotten like $2,000 and we owed almost $6,000!! Insurance also covers in case of accidents, fire,ECT as well as theft!

·
Registered
275 Posts
It makes you feel safer about alot stuff when you are insured.I did all mine through progressive online in about 30 minutes.For my 04 450ES it cost me $250 a year for theft,fire,damage,etc...And they allow you to add options for more money for upgrades.I added on a xtra $1,000 to cover my rims,tires and winch.That was included for $250 a year.I personally rec it highly to anyone!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went ahead and insured the bikes on the computer with a place called ATV-Line. It was just a little over $300 a year for my 450 and Shane's Polaris 700. I just did the basics but that included $500 for accessories. I mostly just wanted it for theft OR if one of us sunk the bike and ruined it (but I don't know HOW THAT could happen ).

·
Registered
275 Posts
$239 a year for my 04 450 ES with $1000 in accessories covered.Makes you not worry as much,example(leave bike in truck and run into publix for beer,etc.)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Trugrit,I did mine all through Progressive Insurance online in about 45 minutes.Never had to show atv or pictures,etc.They give you an option amount of $ to add for accessories if bike is stolen.I got an xtra $1000 to cover tires,whinch,rims if stolen.I broke the payments down to 4 a year to ease bills.That is full coverage if stolen,fire and personal insurance in case of bodily damage,you pick whatever amounts you want.As soon as you seal the deal online you're bike is covered.Sorry for long forums,bad day at work(stress relief).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts