Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a 6 ply radial with over 1" tread.
The same tread design as a "DucksUnlimited Wetlands" radial.
Just wondering if anyone is running them and if they are worth getting.
I need long-wear ability, good clean-out, and mainly used for making trails for others to follow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are these the same tires that come on the BRP Outlander Max XT? If so, I have them and like them all right. I have since just started using my Bighorns, but the Carlisle tires work just fine for trail riding, not really a true MUD tire, tho'.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very close.....
Same tread design, but 6 ply radials instead of 3,
and they have a deep 1"1/8 tread versus the 3/4" on your stockers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I saw some of these at a local shop the other day. Looked like a good riding tire thats for sure. I'm going to look into them more when my dunlops are wore out. Seem like they would fit my style of riding well.

·
Registered
859 Posts
They look like they will do about the same as a mudlite. If you are the type of rider that is making trails I would get outlaws. Unless the trails you are making are dry trails going through a forest type environment.

·
Registered
385 Posts
these bridgestone mud hooks xxtreme look like a good all around tire...here is a pic..or 2

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the Bridgestone MudHooks. PRICEY $$$ and I am leaning more towards a radial than a bias. But if they last as long as the OEM Bridgestone DirtHooks have they are a strong contender for the next set.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I ran the DU radials on my Rinny and really liked them. Only downfall seemed to be that they wore down quickly and a few of the knobbies tore off in chunks. This probably doesn't help you any.

·
Registered
385 Posts
QUOTE ("id.iz.millr.tym":1smhovoj)
I looked at the Bridgestone MudHooks. PRICEY $$$ and I am leaning more towards a radial than a bias. But if they last as long as the OEM Bridgestone DirtHooks have they are a strong contender for the next set.
despite the name...the mudhooks do seem like more of a radial than mud tires to me because they would perform well in all conditions and would probly ride just aswell on hardpack as stok tires but got more grip for the mud.....a good all-around tire IMO

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bought a set of 26" ACT XLR's. I loved them after riding my Dad's new Can-Am 800. His are the .75" lug, but the tread pattern looked like it would hook up really well with taller lugs, so I thought I would give them a try. They just arrived yesterday and they look awesome! Should have easily as much bite as the Mud Lite XL as the lugs are about as big, but being a radial, I expect much better ride and tread life. Time will tell and I haven't got them on to try them yet, but I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GM DOC,
sounds like a good combo of tread and radial.
Let us know how you like them. Handling, ride, wear, etc. whenever you get to try them out

P.S. - what machine are you putting them on?

·
Registered
67 Posts
They'll be going on my Foreman 450. I'll have to update my avatar once they're on. Just got them mounted on the rims today. Spent almost 4 hours grinding and sandblasting rust off the bead seats and priming/painting the rims. Rust is the enemy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just installed the new tires and went out in the snow. These work fantastic. Was pushing snow with the front skid in places and still went through. Even tried a hill which stopped me in 3rd (going really slow, just not enough momentum) I downshifted to 2nd and started moving again! The ride is also improved greatly. Anyone not running radials should really give them a look. They are worth the extra money. Low speed roughness is minimal. I couldn't feel any, but I could hear my passenger seat box latches vibrating at 10km/h on hard packed side road.

I love these tires already!

·
Registered
67 Posts
No rubbing at all. The tires actually suit the Foreman quite well. And yes, they are the stock rims, I just sandblasted them, mostly to get rid of rust on the bead seats, then I painted the entire rim with Chevrolet rim silver after priming with etching primer. Both can be purchased in spray cans from almost any auto supply store. The rims are a lot brighter than stock now and really do look better I think.

I'm very happy with my choice. Glad I didn't get mudlites now. Everyone should switch to radials, especially if you do any trail riding. More traction and way better ride.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do the sidewalls bulge and flex like truck radials? I was considering radials but we have lots of sharp rocks, stumps and deep ruts that are killers on anything but a stiff 6 ply sidewall. I decided on the Supergrips with rim protection but I can definately see advantages to a radial footprint.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.