Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My snorkel attempt part 2 was very successfull. Enough so that I think it will rival anything on the market out there. Here are some pictures of the prototype. I plan to add a low spot drain, and connections for vent tubes similar to the Snorkit Style. This thing is a true 2in all the way for maxium air intake unlike any others I have seen. It may appear to just be some random pvc fittings thrown together but its more then that, and very well thought out. The installed pictures dont do it much justice.
Its simple to install but does require cutting 2 holes in the fender and some plastic trimming near the engine. Think there is room in the market for another snorkel? This would be competitively priced, under 100bucks for sure.
I can vouch for this being water tight, and a great performer, as I have had it in neck deep water and airbox was dry as a bone.
This is the prototype, if I were to sell these, there would be some minor changes in mind to make it even better and nicer looking. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I agree the photos do not do any justice. I have seen it first hand.Robb, you get 2 from the hondak

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That means alot coming from a Yamaha man!!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
yeah that is a good design, I like the way it is hidden on the side. I imagine it will sell.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks Good

Did you cut the air box hole bigger so it went in at 2 inches or did you reduce it right before the box?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its reduced but only a tiny bit, so all it needed was a bigger hoseclamp, it slide right in the airbox

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
looks good

hopefully i ill see it first hand this weekend

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Looks good. I know it took you a lot of time to get the bends in the right spots, to keep it clean.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did this last week to replacing my shop vac hose. I have to remake it to get it tucked in under the frame better but this is the initial try.. Any suggestions to make it better without cutting?

·
Registered
743 Posts
What was wrong with the shop vac hose?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Redid my snorkle in all 2inch. Works even better. Will try to get pics up when I get the bike back from the shop.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE ("raveer2000":1a6mmh8u)
What was wrong with the shop vac hose?
I keep melting the shop vac hose.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("Farudan":3u3e7l6s)
I did this last week to replacing my shop vac hose. I have to remake it to get it tucked in under the frame better but this is the initial try.. Any suggestions to make it better without cutting?
That looks good too. Nice and sturdy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took the shop vac hose as a precaution out after reading that Robb melted his. Oh, I idled my bike up and it seems to have cured the stalling problem I was having after the initial snorkel I built.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah I had to idle mine up some as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Robb i need your patened snorkle like now. I think it was u that ran into a few of my friends this last weekend (yellow 05'). well they are all looking to me to help snorkle their bikes since they drowned so bad! way diff from my Rubicon.

They have two 05's. looking at using radiator hose material and compression boots and pvc for the mast. I cant see your pics that well any help appreciate it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My snorkle is pure 2" one 90 and one 45 cant beilieve the diff in performance. Now I just got my pipe in (after four weeks) and my jet kit im affraid to see how much fuel im going to burn and what jet i will need, because of such good air flow. I dont want to keep taking apart my carb untill I find the right jet. HMF utility series got a 160 right now but I here dyno jets are on a diff scale. What jet are u running?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
shadow you shouldnt have to jet your rubicon just go about 4 turns out on the mixture screw thats all i did and ran great. So i guess you get pretty bad gas mileage i know i do on the rubi

1 - 20 of 28 Posts