Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would the angle sensors be located and approx. how much would they retail for???

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
good work Honda Mechanic

·
Registered
189 Posts
yea he hit the nail on the head on that one, what we did was set my foreman on the rear rack and pulled the skid plate off and got to it right their.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thank you very much Honda Mechanic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WHAT DOES THE ANGLE SENSOR DO ?? I JUST BOUGHT MY FOREMAN 500. SO FAR IS STOCK BUT JUST RECIEVED LIFT KIT AND BRACKETS KIT.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The angle sensor is mounted on the sub-gearshift spindle. It converts the direction of rotation, rotational angle and rotating speed of the sub-gearshift spindle into a voltage & speed signal. This signal is used by the ECM to control the shift control motor function..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You nailed that question Honda Mechanic

·
Registered
69 Posts
angle sensor

Can this sensor be cleaned in any way, or do we have to replace it? Mine has been acting up lately.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just installed and test rode the foreman, shifts like new again. Thanks for the help.
Again I ask, should I get another sensor to keep on hand, or wait till it quits?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What sensor did you install .. The TRX450FE calls for 38800-HN0-A11
But we try to use 38800-HP0-A11 which is the new angle sensor for the TRX500FE whenever we can ..

In fact the TRX350 sensor #38800-HM8-A50 superseads to the new TRX500 sensor ..

I wouldn't get a spare but if it goes again I'd put a 500 sensor on it ..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
# 38800-HN5-A11 is listed under "very fast moving parts" so it must be the new replacement sensor .. The different number could just be a Canadian uses 1 number US uses another number ..

I don't think you should have any trouble with your shifting now..

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":20k4ko1k)
# 38800-HN5-A11 is listed under "very fast moving parts" so it must be the new replacement sensor .. The different number could just be a Canadian uses 1 number US uses another number ..

I don't think you should have any trouble with your shifting now..
Thanks for looking for me. It's on there now and works, so I'm leaving it alone, works fine now. I still can't see how a small part like that would screw up the shifting. I understand how it works, just why would Honda use something that undependable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone have any other ways to access the angle sensor, besides from the bottom? Cant quite lift it up on the rear rack by myself. Looks like a lot to remove from either side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts