Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would the angle sensors be located and approx. how much would they retail for???

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thank you very much Honda Mechanic.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The angle sensor is mounted on the sub-gearshift spindle. It converts the direction of rotation, rotational angle and rotating speed of the sub-gearshift spindle into a voltage & speed signal. This signal is used by the ECM to control the shift control motor function..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You nailed that question Honda Mechanic

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What sensor did you install .. The TRX450FE calls for 38800-HN0-A11
But we try to use 38800-HP0-A11 which is the new angle sensor for the TRX500FE whenever we can ..

In fact the TRX350 sensor #38800-HM8-A50 superseads to the new TRX500 sensor ..

I wouldn't get a spare but if it goes again I'd put a 500 sensor on it ..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
# 38800-HN5-A11 is listed under "very fast moving parts" so it must be the new replacement sensor .. The different number could just be a Canadian uses 1 number US uses another number ..

I don't think you should have any trouble with your shifting now..

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":20k4ko1k)
# 38800-HN5-A11 is listed under "very fast moving parts" so it must be the new replacement sensor .. The different number could just be a Canadian uses 1 number US uses another number ..

I don't think you should have any trouble with your shifting now..
Thanks for looking for me. It's on there now and works, so I'm leaving it alone, works fine now. I still can't see how a small part like that would screw up the shifting. I understand how it works, just why would Honda use something that undependable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.