Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting it but fighting it trying to save money

But after looking at lorcux foreman pictures he posted a few weeks ago now I just had to break down and order

Just ordered the Fullskid package with the Warn 3.0 today
Hopefully it will come in soon

·
Registered
142 Posts
YEAH, HIS BIKE IS SHARP LOOKIN

·
Registered
75 Posts
you won't regret it, good choice on the 3.0

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Their products work and look good. I finally got my stick gaurds in so now I just have to put them on and I'm complete.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Pick a few of those money leaves off of your tree and send them my way!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("Eric":2z3tx7qx)

haha

Hey, you only live once and you cant take it with you.
If you want it get it. Save it to spend it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm saving up for one also. It's so hard not to just order it and put it on a credit card!!! I'm thinking of getting another job just to pay for the things I want for my foreman!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
QUOTE ("500Foreman05":vdrqze8p)
QUOTE ("Eric":vdrqze8p)

haha

Hey, you only live once and you cant take it with you.
If you want it get it. Save it to spend it.[/quote]

Right on, now I just have to convince my wife. Nice purchases, you'll have to post some pics when it's all on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Absolutley awesome. You will like!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE ("lorcux":rk9dz5ua)
Absolutley awesome. You will like!!!!

Hey man,

Can you tell me how you wired your winch? Maby some pics if possible? Where you ran your lines and where you tapped power from? (right off battery? Where?)

Id really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'll tell you where I put mine. I tapped into the cig lighter/accessory outlet on the side of the steering column to get a switched source 12V. There are two wires going to it, one has 12V when the key is on and the other is the ground. (I can get the colors if you need). The contactor, I u-bolted above the battery under the seat. On the bar below the back of the seat. Fits perfect there. The you run the wires to the switch to the handlbars and the winch/battery leads to there proper locations.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE ("Truegrit":12zamuzc)
I'll tell you where I put mine. I tapped into the cig lighter/accessory outlet on the side of the steering column to get a switched source 12V. There are two wires going to it, one has 12V when the key is on and the other is the ground. (I can get the colors if you need). The contactor, I u-bolted above the battery under the seat. On the bar below the back of the seat. Fits perfect there. The you run the wires to the switch to the handlbars and the winch/battery leads to there proper locations.

I plan on putting the contactor in the top of the rear box. I need to go buy me a new test light. I like the 12v Cig lighter idea. I might do that.
Did you mount your Remote plug terminal? or no? (wait you dont have a Warn so you might not have that i cant remember)
Where would yall mount that? I dont want it to look like a hack job I want it to look clean... Where do yall think?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I mounted the remote plug on the fender on the flatest spot I could find on the frender just below the acc. outlet. It looks good. I'll get a pic of it for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the pics.

I like that location. When I get a chance ill go check it out on my 500 and see what I can see.

Everything is suppose to be here thursday this week.
I dont see any reason I want be winching by saturday-Sunday at the latest if I am to buisy

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Why don't you get wireless kit from Ramsey instead of drilling hole in machine. Instead of having to carry that dam* cord around, wipe off the mud before plugging it in, etc. The wireless is so sweet and very simple to install. I put one on my Ruby and let me tell you, it's awesome. You spent the money on the best stuff, might as well go wireless!!!!!

Don't want to sound pushy or anything, just my .02 worth .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE ("Eric":1v9d8jdq)
Why don't you get wireless kit from Ramsey instead of drilling hole in machine. Instead of having to carry that dam* cord around, wipe off the mud before plugging it in, etc. The wireless is so sweet and very simple to install. I put one on my Ruby and let me tell you, it's awesome. You spent the money on the best stuff, might as well go wireless!!!!!

Don't want to sound pushy or anything, just my .02 worth .

So the Ramsey wireless kit (didnt know they had a seperate kit) works with any winch?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yeah but I thinks its around $150. I have not had a problem with my plug getting muddy. Its only for special ocassions, since I have the Warn mini-rocker now. But I agreee having to dig out the cord is a pain.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE ("Truegrit":1fjn06en)
Yeah but I thinks its around $150. I have not had a problem with my plug getting muddy. Its only for special ocassions, since I have the Warn mini-rocker now. But I agreee having to dig out the cord is a pain.
Yea I have the mini-rocker also. And Im not scared of cutting holes in anything. Ill just find me a spot and mount it up I guess.

If I feel like im getting in alot of situations where I dont want to ride and use the mini rocker and would have to be using the line I might opt for the wireless later on

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE ("Truegrit":f8u1sxuu)
Here are the pics of the contactor and remote plug.
hey those contactors get really hot under heavy use, even up here in canada.
keep an eye on that under your seat, fuses can be an issue when contactor get hot. i put mine in the rear tire well on the side of the back box with a good helping of diaeletric grease on all conections under the rubber boots. and no problems winching out of endless snowdrifts. same place my buddy put his and he's got 3 years no problems. oh ya if water is your game(even if it isn't it just looks profesional) the rocker switch and remote wiring should be sealed as well as possible (wires sodered and shrink wraped) not just electrical tape and the cheap cheater clip you get in the kit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts