Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to do anything to efi when your changing altitude?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy is asking me about his outlander and going to the rockys. Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was asking the same question at the dealership the other day. I am trying to help my buddy buy a ATV. The dealer said that is one of the major benefits of EFI, not having a jetting to change with altitude. I was asking about an Outlander at the time too. Its a Honda/Can-Am dealer. My buddy is really comfortable with EFI over Carb, do you know of any drawbacks to the EFI, other than the working on it issue?

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE ("#48FAN":3o7uoi13)
I was asking the same question at the dealership the other day. I am trying to help my buddy buy a ATV. The dealer said that is one of the major benefits of EFI, not having a jetting to change with altitude. I was asking about an Outlander at the time too. Its a Honda/Can-Am dealer. My buddy is really comfortable with EFI over Carb, do you know of any drawbacks to the EFI, other than the working on it issue?
Imho, EFI has many advantages, coupled with an intelligent ECU design. Throttle response, altitude compensation, power/mileage, starting cold and warm... among other things.

This is all theoretical of course. How well Honda has implimented EFI.. one has to take on faith for now. They do have as much or more experience than any other manufacturer. They have tremendous research facilities.

Weather all of that is worth the extra cost and complexity is a fair question. I've only 22 hours and 122 miles on my 2006 Rincon. But I must say it is by far the best ATV I've owned or driven. Then again, I paid a significantly higher price.

The balance of the thing gives me more and more confidence in the machine. The excellent FSM gives me confidence that I can fix anything that might go wrong.

I like the ESP and Automatic switch on the fly (right handlebar, with up down shift on the left handlebar). I find the ability to switch to ESP (manual shift) is handy and generally useful going down hills, and sometimes up, if the incline is really steep.

Contrary to what some have said, I like the fully independent suspension.. this allows hitting a series of significant bumps at higher speeds while maintaining control with less input from me.

Anyway... that is my opinion for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.