Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a new guy here and have been using the search function.
I'm new to the ATV thing. I just bought my first ATV a 2000 hound forman es 450. The problem is that when i let off the gas or sometimes down shift is backfires. I went and bought a new spark plug today and plan on replacing it in the morning. I have read where adjusting the air/fuel adjustment screw may help. I could use some help on where to find this screw. Any help would be great.

Thanks Carl

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. So i found this drawing. Hope this will help some one to point it out. mchezz would you be talking about screw number 13 in the pic's?
And thanks for you help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
loosen it a 1/8 of a turn each time till the pops go away.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just replaced the air filter and the spark plug. Then it would not idel. I adjusted the idela nd added soem sea foam gas cleaner to the tank. It had a full tank of gas when I bought it so I don't know how old the gas is. But after the idel adjustment I drove it for aboyt six miles and it is not backfiring any more. I have noticed the once in awhile that idel will stay high for a few seconds..... May just need new gas??
Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I will have many more questions as I start this new adventure

·
Registered
61 Posts
I find the best way is to remove the seat and right side cover, then from the left side with a short flat screw driver u can access the pilot screw and make the necessary adjustments. and then u can also access the air/fuel mixture on the otherside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.