Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death. But was originally going to buy a K&N replacement for about $50-60 and found that the APC red cone filter is just as good and much cooler looking and a heck of alot cheaper ($20) from Advance Auto Parts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
whates the part # for that filter I would like to check it out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That part number is: 151411(red), 151410(white), 1514113(blue) The Brand is APC.
I ordered it online from partsamerica.com and you can pick it up at any local Advance Auto Parts. Atleast I could here in Louisiana.
You probably can just walk in and get it off the shelf by where all the tuner car crap is. $19.88 plus tax. It comes with the 3.5" reducer so it'll fit. **** of alot better than paying for an over priced K&N! I love their products...but to much$$$$.
[/img]

·
Registered
187 Posts
or you can get silver/white got it from advanced, i wish they made YELLOW

·
Registered
187 Posts
no problem at all, it made my snorkel louder, power? cant really tell

·
Registered
195 Posts
i noticed more acceleration with mine but i put the iridium plug in at the same time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE ("MarkZ71":16bu47me)
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death. But was originally going to buy a K&N replacement for about $50-60 and found that the APC red cone filter is just as good and much cooler looking and a heck of alot cheaper ($20) from Advance Auto Parts.
It does not work for my 450 I bought one yesterday. The intake tube and something where the air filter sits on is in the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I added my filter and plug at the same time too. I added the bigger tires and noticed some power loss and thats why I added the filter and plug. I can tell a diff on the start ups for the plug and maybe a little bit on throttle response on the filter. I'll be adding the HMF exhaust and jets to help with tire power loss.
*** I did have to bend that other intake tube under filter down to get it to fit properly.***

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey aastelly
add some yellow die to your recharge oil to match your bike! Think it would work?

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea that other intake hose is just your crank case vent i think. it dont hert nothing

·
Registered
187 Posts
i might just have to try the yellow die, good idea

·
Registered
148 Posts
i just put that same filter on my foreman 500, i did it thow with the iridum spark plug and a full 2 in snorkle. i noticed power. also cliped the carb spring. i recomend it, althow i do get nervous with tbhe filter, down here in fl the dirt/sand is so small it makes me wonder if the hi-flow filter is letting it through? will an outerwear help this? and where coudl i get one, i knw k&n's outerwear is to small.

bowz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe APC does make a wrap for that small filter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
APC makes a lot of other universal air filters. There might be oithers that will fit i have no idea, but it is worth a try. Their site is www.performancestyleattitude.com . I dont know how to make hyperlinks so just copy and paste. By the way i didnts see an outerware from them.[/url]

·
Registered
136 Posts
I forgot to say once you get there click on "products" and then click on "performance"

·
Registered
74 Posts
New guy hear. What is the part # for the iridum plug and where will I find it? I'm definatly geting the APC filter. thanxs in advance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.