Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to completely clean out the air filter box with each air filter cleaning?

Where I ride has a lot of dust. I used a damp rag and got about 75% of the dust out. The areas I left were hard to reach.

Will it be OK, or should I try to clean every bit of dust out?

Do you guys have any tips to make it easier to clean?

Thank You

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
That's exactly the same way I do it.Just try to get the most of it out,as long as your filter is good and clean then any small amount of dust in the airbox won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
pull the plug off the bottom and while you have the air filter out..... put a rag in the intake and put your finger over the crank case vent hole and spray some water in there with the water hose.... gets it out really good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have been known to spray a light coat of WD40 in the air box case and wipe clean with a rag, its get most of the gunk/ grime out,

Air Box Secret : I store my spare key in the bottrom of the air box in an individual spark plug case. keeps it clean / dry and well hidden.

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE ("Desert Dawg":2zic9og9)
I have been known to spray a light coat of WD40 in the air box case and wipe clean with a rag, its get most of the gunk/ grime out,

Air Box Secret : I store my spare key in the bottrom of the air box in an individual spark plug case. keeps it clean / dry and well hidden.
If you did not wipe it down would it act like a dust magnet and protect even more??

Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.