Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 450 Foreman es and would like to add camoplast tracks on it, for ice fishing. Has anyone ran tracks with out power steering or do I need to add a universal power steering system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
if your moving you can turn if your stopped it takes a lot of effort to turn the tracks if your in any amount of snow at all.

if your on just ice the tracks will slide to turn.

this is just what I have read from others who have put tracks on 450 foreman.

I don't have any first hand knowledge at all so there is that as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks for the response. Yeah most lakes end up with hard pack after awhile so I'm not consider about that. Do we know if anyone has used the superatv universal power steering set on on a older Foreman?

·
Registered
273 Posts
yes there have been some that have used it and been happy with the result's.
this also from memory of what I have read.

off the top of my head I can't name any at the moment your best bet would be to due a search and read what they have said.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look around and see if I can find it. I may add that also if I'm going to add tracks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found all of those. But it seems as though they are talking about putting them on Foreman 450 S. I have an ES

·
Registered
273 Posts
from what you have posted so far I would get the tracks and put them on and if you don't like how it performs for your ice fishing then I would add the power steering.

or save up and get a foreman that comes with factory power steering.
having tracks takes alot of power and the 500 foreman's have more power than the 450. unless you have done some engine work to your 450.

best of luck to you on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I probably will,.the tracks are interchangeable anyway. Just need to get a bigger sprocket for them if I get a bigger size. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tracks on my 450es and they are a little hard to steer most people that have ridden it say they would get a machine with power steering but I have them on it and they are paid for so a new machine isnt in my budget. I have had tracks on this machine since 2008. I would love to put power steering on this machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts