Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awesome site...has been good to me over the years so thanks in advance. I currently have a 13 Rincon..love it..this site was very helpful when purchasing.

Looking for a rubicon or similar (automatic) for my brother. Found an 06 with 3k miles on craiglist for my brother. He is asking $3650. Seems high...at least a few hundred (granted he needs to start high).

Any thoughts on the miles? Are these high miles for this age? Below is the listing.. again thanks for your advice.

https://appleton.craigslist.org/snw/d/2006-honda-rubicon-500cc/6567183351.html

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Thats cheap where i live.. toodeep posted a pick of one a couple years ago from a local ranch that had over 30,000 miles on it.. I'm from Canada and mine has about the same mileage as the one your looking at and i wouldnt sell mine for under $5k.. Hondas hold their value for good reason.. ive never been towed home or had ANY issues on trail.. just preventative maintenance. wheel bearings and brakes mostly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!! decided to pass on it... read more about them and I guess the 01-04 Rubicons have oil pump issues.

Came across an 09 Rincon with 4200 miles. for $4300 any issues with that year?

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
The early Rincons had cam issues, but an 09 should be ok

They have a lot of power and the IRS is great for trail riding, but not so great for towing and work.

The thing I don't like about the Rincon is the 3 speed transmission. No low end grunt at all.

They are great for trail riding. For everything else the Rubicon is a better machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts