Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The Looney was funny. Next weekend we might ride Black hole my buddy chad is putting his motor back in so he can go ride and he cant go far from home he had a new born. But i def up for sat and sunday ride if anyone else is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hope to have it back together Friday so we can go riding Satuday if not Sat. night or Sun. But I am going riding this weekend.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Its in Canaveral Groves West Cocoa. Mudhole after Mudhole, or when its real wet waterhole after waterhole. Its about eight miles of trails and 4-5 of it is usually under water or mud. Its may ound small and compared to 5A it is, but on the weekends there are at least 50 or so bike sthere throughout the day. Night rides are fun there too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE ("05kodiak450":10zqgpps)
Trying to snorkel the belt drive this week so i dont know if i can make it or not.... hey isnt the super bowl this sunday???
ROTFL---haha...damned rubber-band driven ATV. What a pain in the arse.
Just kidding...actually...the Kodiak 450 is one of my favorites. Shhhh...don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea it does actually suck... i watch Travis and Robb go through anything and it kindof gets to me that my lil kodie cant hang..... its ok though i still have fun watching them.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
You def need to come out and ride at the black hole kodiak, If you like mud that is def the place to go.
Chad hopefully you get it together cause its been forever since are founder of 4 wheeling hasnt been out in forever (lol)
I am gonna head out there saturday so ask jeff if he wants to ride even if you cant make it.

Kodiak if ya need any help with the snorkeling let me know always down for customizing.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
hehe....Chad - Our 4 wheeling founding father!

Ray, let me know how the snorkeling goes, we can all get together and figure that thing out, go to Lowes and get my brother to find us the right stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys I went to lowes and the depot to figure out what Icould get to make this whole thing work. I ended up buying $53 worth of stuff that probably wont work..... I tell you what, hate to say this but i should of bought a HONDA. But i'll see how things go. Thanks for the offer to help the only bad thing is i keep the Kodie out in Geneva at my pops house.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
53bucks should go a long way in geting parts, hope you get something figured out. If you really get in a bind though, bring that thing over here, I got a ton of tools and stuff, im sure we could figure something out.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
When I snorkled my old SP500 I found the best thing to use is the 1.5" pool vacuum hose. It is very flexible and will not collapse or compress. Attatch everything with those rubber unions with the hose clamps, so it can be removed if you have to take it to the dealer. If you endup cutting into the air box you may want to buy an extra one for that same reason.

One more thing I would not use regular silicone, I found it was not strong enough and did not hold up to the vibrations of the airbox. Use 3M 5200 marine adhesive sealant. It is the strongest sealent around, and will not give or leak. Make sure all surfaces are clean and oil free befor you use it.

Yes it is a pain in the you know what to route 3 snorkles on one bike but it can be done and look clean. Take your time and do it right. I worked on mine for a month testing and tinkering, testing and tinkering before I was completly satisfied and felt safe. I just wish I took pics of it while I had it. It was nice (pat on the pack) but in the end it probably cost me $100 and countless hours, by the time I was done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts