Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You dont have to go very far south of me to see some bad flood damage but here are some pics from our local flooding. Warm temps and still plenty of snow so I dont think we are done yet.

I spent countless hours in my sxs blading off roads just to see how much damage was done and if it would be safe for travel.

This is nothing compared to what is happening just downstream. Dam broke, bridges gone, lives lost, cattle lost, homes lost and so on. Angel's strawbale saloon was built next to the dam that went and the bar, campground and everything is gone. The owner is still missing as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
That looks bad, hope your on high ground. I've been seeing alot of pics online, but nothing like seeing it in real life. And I'm sure your right about more comming, it's just starting to melt up here in Canada. Good thing you wont get any of my melt, there was about 7' of snow here this year....

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
That's nuts. I knew Nebraska was hit hard. Have seen a lot of pics and video of NE on farming sites. Didn't realize it had hit yall too.

Stay safe Toodeep.

Soon as I posted that, I went to FB and a friend of mine posted this from SD. Crazy.
https://www.facebook.com/amos.wipf/videos/2245293162176693/

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
man that's like a double whammy
not just flooding but ice also, which to me can be even worse at times as it can just damage things in way water alone doesn't
we had tons of flooding here all spring/summer/fall last yr, a shame to see so many suffer from its damage
I been lucky so far, too far up a hill to get to me, but what a mess every where is any more from it all, roads, bridges and such, still in bad shape desperate for fixing, and according to those running things NO money to fix, (even with things being in/under state of emergency and federal help)
so, get ready for tax increases?

I hope you have a slower warm up into spring, to limit any more damage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts