Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to this, but just bought a 99 honda foreman with the top end gone. I bought all new top end for it and carb. I got it running, but it wont go in reverse. It will shift up 3 gears and drive fine, and sometimes when I hit the down shift button it shifts back down, but still no reverse. Then sometimes the button makes no noise or clicking and wont shift at all? Is the tranny bad? Do I need a new switch? Angle sensor? I am getting worried that I put so much money in getting it running that I have a paper weight now. What do you guys think? I think it may be an electronic issue. The combination meter is gone due to a rollover before I bought it. Could that have an effect?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Before you try to shift in reverse are you pressing the red reverse button and pulling in the left brake handle ?
There is a reverse lockout cable that goes from the left brake lever down to the rear of the motor make sure that it is in place and connected to the lever on the bottom rear of the motor
if it is in place make sure when you press the button on the brake lever and pull the handle in that it is moving the lockout lever down below
There is also an adjustment on the cable you can loosen or tighten to adjust it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine wont shift at all with the buttons I was told maybe a wire loose somewhere its a pain ! I replaced sensor nothing happens looked at the electronic piece and everything looks clean?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts