Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to maintenance on my recently purchased 98 Honda Foreman 400 S.

Need help tightening the hand parking brake cable line and rear foot peddle brakes as they don’t really work and can’t even hold the quad when parked on a slight incline.

If anyone could break down a step by step on how to or send me to another forum post it be greatly appreciated.

Can send photos of the quad if needed for reference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Chris
I recommend coming over to atvhonda.com- It is MUCH better forum with lots of help over there
Its free to become a member and you can download the Honda Factory Service manual to help with
all your maintenance needs
Hope to see you over there
AKATV

·
Registered
2003 Foreman 450s
109 Posts
New to maintenance on my recently purchased 98 Honda Foreman 400 S. Need help tightening the hand parking brake cable line and rear foot peddle brakes as they don’t really work and can’t even hold the quad when parked on a slight incline.
On the right rear brake housing you’ll see two cables with wing nuts on threaded cable ends. Righty tighty on the wing nuts to take up the slack in the cables. One cable is for the foot brake and other is for the hand brake. Parking brake is just a function of locking the hand brake handle using the spring lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts