Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So here is the low down

A month ago i went out for a day rip with the boys. I got stuck and was pulled out of a mud hole, no worries because i continued to ride for a few hours after this. however my starter was going. (Im not a mechanic) but my friend thought it woukd be good to tap the starter with a hammer. He did this numerous times throughout the rest of our rip. I got home parked the bike and went away on a work trip. I came back yesterday with a brand new starter.
The funny thing is, my buddy was never tapping on the starter with a hammer. He was actually tapping the shifting motor (how the bike kept starting I don't know). So i installed the new starter starter watching DIY videos. The bike fired right up. But it will not shift. When i click the button to go through the gears i all i hear is a faint beep instead of it actually trying to switch gears. So i tried the manual shift. But i cannot move it an inch. Would a faulty shifting motor prevent me from manually shifting?. The manual shift worked before as i recently replaced the shifting angle sensor, and had to use it to reach neutral.
Can anybody shed some insight as to what may be the issue here. The bike worked great and now all of a sudden its like the manual shifter is seized in position

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
If it won't shift with the emergency shifter first thing I'd do it remove the shift motor and see if it will then shift with the manual shifter (with shifter motor off the front of the motor, try shifting with the emergency shifter).

Your buddy might have broken a magnet in the shift motor, seizing everything up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually thats not what it was. Well.maybe it was but there are other problems. Since the last post inreceived my new shifting motor, installed it and have the same problem. No noise when attempting to shift. Shift indicator blinks 5 times. Bought a brand new angles sensor (again) installed that, and still same problem.
I am dying to get out on my bike, lol somebody please help!!?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
You using Honda OEM angle sensors or china parts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda. But its not the sensor. When i unhook the sensor and turn on the bike. It flashes 3 times, as 3 flashes is angle sensor. When i plug in the angle sensor. It flashes 5 times.
5 flashes is the ecm motor driver circuit. Which i know nothing about

1 - 9 of 9 Posts