Honda Foreman Forums banner

4x4 Light Question...

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  supermanwv 
#1 ·
Yesterday I noticed that while in 2WD in first gear, after the revs were up a little, my 4x4 light would flicker. I check the switch for 2wd/4wd, and it was totally on 2wd. I even switched it a couple times just to make sure. However, the flicker still happened. But only when in first gear. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Or, what could the problem be?

Clark

#2 ·
How does the ATV crank? It might be a low voltage problem, use a multimeter and see what your battery is putting out.

#4 ·
mine was blinking when my battery was low. i charged it up and it was fine

#5 ·
QUOTE ("supermanwv":mz7emqhs)
Everything seems fine. I'll have to check and see. If I can find my voltmeter. But it cranks fine and everything else seems fine.

Clark
Mine cranked up fine too, but had the same symptoms yours does, turns out it was the battery. I had to replace it, it wouldn't even hold a charge from a battery charger.

#7 ·
I tried to charge my battery last night. But my charger kept flipping the FAULT light on. I read in the manual for the charger that if this happens....several things could be wrong.

1. A cell is bad in the battery.
2. Battery is below 4 volts charge and needs to be replaced.
3. Battery has been opened (which mine has not been).
4. Something else crazy is wrong with the battery (can't remember the last thing.)

Needless to say, I couldn't get the battery to charge. My guess is that a cell is bad. But it still cranks enough to start the bike.

SO, it looks like I will be replacing the battery.

Any recomendations for a battery....or should I just go with a Motorcycle battery from WalMart?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Clark

#8 ·
I bought an ATV/ mtotorcycle battery from Auto Zone, they are really priceythough, I think I paid about $75.00 for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.