Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my Foreman into a "hidden" rock the other day and bent my tie rod into a "U". Now the question I have for you guys is how easy is it to replace the tie rod, are there special tools that I will need to do this? Any help and pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
no special tools needed, its a piece of cake. The only tricky part of the whole operation is popping the ball joints loose.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Good luck, jus be careful of the threads on the tie rods. I like to loosen the nuts, but leave them on a little so when I take a hammer to break the tie rod loose in case I miss I dont mess the threads up.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Just take a hammer and smack the knuckle where the tierod connects (after you have loosened the nut) You might have to hit it a couple of time but it will pop out. They do make a puller for it but this way is much easier and faster. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, the tie rod was easier than I thought it was going to be. The only problem I had was removing one of the lock nuts at the end of one side of the tie rod....I have to replace that nut, but other than that, it was easy.

Thanks guys....

JJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.