Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 450 ES and the gas gauge has quit working. Would appreciate any info and help in fixing it. Where do I start. Do I have to take the tank off, etc. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
on the 500 there is a sensor that is on top of the fuel tank(have to take of the plastic covers) i dont know how to test it, but i bet that is probably bad.

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Is it just stuck on empty or full. You should be able to get it unstuck if that is the case with just a piece of wire and a flashlight. Look into the lid area and you'll see the float and move it up and down to unstuck it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If is not stuck or there is a cracked float you can purchase a new guage assembly on any of the Honda discount part sites for between $45 and $65. Two bolts to change and need to fish it out of the tank. Ebay has a 2002 450 fuel tank complete for $12.99 starting bid, auction # 200301944522 which looks in good shape. There are two others from '00 and '01 but the gas guage looks cloudy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will check out your suggestions and let you know what worked.. Right now it's parked in the shed and its -18C (1F), so won't be looking at it tonight. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts