Honda Foreman Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those that have been pulling hair out-
It took me a month to figure this out, but I am glad to report that I have figured out how to repair my 2004 450ES Speedometer

If you have a 02-04 450 ES model ( 4 indicator lights on top of meter)
or a 99-00 450 ES model ( 3 indicator lights on top of meter)

and your display:

- does not show the gear indicator spot at all (not the gear or --) but the
backwards "L" that goes around the gear position - its just blank

-your miles and hours have reverted to zero and possibly now shows KM now instead of Miles

-your speed shown seems to have almost doubled (possibly KMs per hour even thought it shows Miles)

What has happened is your EEPROM chip on motherboard has lost the programming due to dead battery for
a LONG time or an electrical malfunction etc...

I have borrowed a friends speedometer (a trusting friend) removed the chip from his, copied the data and put it on mine and it reads perfect now.

I can repair your speedometer it will have 1851 miles and 317.2 hours on it as that is the only copy I have for the 02-04 Foreman 450ES
I can also do 99-2000 450ES speedometers (3 indicator lights on top of meter) but will have to double-check check on the mileage/hours copy I have and let you know to see if you want that
If you want to try it for yourself the program is called ponyprog you will have to have an old XP laptop and buy the cables on ebay -check it out online thats what I did.
Just be careful as you have to be knowledgeable with electronics and soldering with hot air etc...

I can also do TRX500FM and FE meters and the older Rancher 350ES meters as well but it has to have the above symptoms and not water damaged-caught on fire, cracked lcd, etc....

If you have one you want repaired just send to me (just the board with LCD) I can repair it for you for 25.00 or barter etc.....
Shipping would be 2-$3.00 First Class with tracking and I will pay return shipping
I will confirm and send pictures to you as well to show a working completed repair on your display
If there is heavy water corrosion, rust and rot damage etc.. its probably not repairable but I can try if you want -no fix-no pay
If you PM me or whatever we can work it out I am easy and like you all I am always fiddling/learning with wheelers
I think you will be happy and you will have more hair -mine is filling back in...................
Hello
My name is Al
km68qq
I have a dead or blank lcd speedometer display, all the upper light indicators work perfectly; but lcd blank.
It is a 2001 Honda foreman 450es, what can you help me with and what can I check here before sending unit. I have removed it from the bike, and waiting for further assistance.
My Email is [email protected]
Thank You in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If yours disply is blank it is most likely an internal circuit card or power issue, not programming

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need help! My 2000 Honda foreman 450es. The odometer reads all 9999999. All the time. Everything else works fine. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sounds like your speedometer dropped programming due to a dead battery or possibly running it without a battery
I am able to reprogram it the service is $45 that includes shipping return to you
It would have around 1851 miles on it and 317 hours if that something you would like to do let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my speedometer fixed by member AKATV. He was great to deal with. Fixed my issue quickly and had it back within a week. I highly recommend his service for anyone that is having speedometer issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Thank you for all the kind words. I am glad to help out as I know how frustrating it was to have mine go haywire.

If anyone needs a Foreman 450S or 450ES or TRX350ES Rancher speedometer repaired
let me know what you have and what the problems are and I can most likely get yours repaired
If you have any broken/burned/etc... parts speedometers just laying around let me know what you want for them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like your speedometer dropped programming due to a dead battery or possibly running it without a battery
I am able to reprogram it the service is $45 that includes shipping return to you
It would have around 1851 miles on it and 317 hours if that something you would like to do let me know

I recently was recommended to AKATV on another forum. My experience with AKATV was nothing less than excellent. Not only did he repair my rtx350fe speedometer, he explained how and why the meter had gone bad and what to do to prevent it from happening again. I found him knowledgeable, reliable, and honest. If you are having meter problems I highly recommend AKATV.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the kind post-
Always glad to help keep these old wheelers running
Just an FYI for all- I am also now repairing displays that have UV sunburn damage as well as reprogramming corrupt or missing data on your Foreman 450 or Rancher 350 speedometers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks again @AKATV for the help and recent repairs on my displays. The service was fast,professional and I would recommend him for repairs. I will definitely use him again if needed, Thanks again. , Jeremy

·
Registered
2 Posts

Got my heads up display FIXED!!! For anyone who has problems with your heads up display on your Honda foreman 450es contact AKATV. I was referred to him and he helped me out with mine! The odometer and hour meter would not display. I shipped the unit to AKATV and he had it working perfectly and returned to me within a week. Extremely helpful and keep you informed all the way through the process. I recommend him for any questions! AKATV. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
AKATV fixed my haywire display on my 02 foreman 450 trx. I was very pleased with the prompt service and cheap fix. Also. It is great knowing there’s people out there who are willing to help others and not just do things for monetary gain. Mr. AKATV is someone who is willing to help fellow Honda owners. So if anyone out there is having troubles with a display that has gone bananas contact him. Or any other issues as he is very knowledgeable on these machines.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts