Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are trying to reassemble the clutch cover after taking it off to fix a transmission stuck in reverse. (we fixed that: it was a seized shift motor). My son says that there was a little spring in the bottom of the cover when he pulled it off. Photo attached. We can't figure out where it goes. We searched every exploded view online and there is no small spring in any of them.
Does anyone have any idea where this spring goes? I do not want to put the cover back on without finding out. It must go somewhere it's needed.
Any help I can get it GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Pat in Michigan

Note: For those that can't see the picture, it is a spring slightly larger in diameter than the spring you would find in a pen that has a clicking in and out function.
Insect Arthropod Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Pat
I recommend coming over to atvhonda.com
MUCH better help and quicker answers over there
These forums here kind of fell apart awhile back with spam and slow to no answers back
I only check in here form time to time

I have a quite few of these motors under my belt and SEEM to know about every part
I think that part came out of your oil pressure relief valve
although, it would have to have been apart at some time as well
see item 7 in parts diagram below

You can easily disassemble oil valve and see if spring is missing, it located on front cover as well

let me know how you make out and hope to see you over at atvhonda.com
AKATV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. I removed the oil pressure relief valve cap and the spring #7 is in there. The spring we found in the cover is a little smaller in diameter. the mystery continues. I'll jump over to atvhonda.com.
Thanks
Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts