Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 420 will not run here list of what I’ve done
I’ve check timing it’s on time
I’ve put new spark plug in got white spark
I’ve checked valves they where little tight so I set them to factory settings
I’ve check fuel pump and fuel line it all good
I’ve tried starting fluid and it will not even run on that I’ve read somewhere that an bad coil can cause it to not run at all and have spark but that don’t make any since since it does have spark it should run if anyone can help out that be all some

·
Registered
2019 Rancher TRX 420FA6
4 Posts
Did you check your valves with piston at TDC? On the 420 you manually roll it till marks align on compression stroke. That could explain why it’s not running. Check frequently asked questions and there’s a procedure there. Hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check your valves with piston at TDC? On the 420 you manually roll it till marks align on compression stroke. That could explain why it’s not running. Check frequently asked questions and there’s a procedure there. Hope it helps
I’ve done figured it out and I didn’t know there was 2 stokes and got set valves on compression stroke that probably why it tapping pretty good the reason it was not running was the piston done failed and melted it was so bad had cut old piston off because wrist pin was seized I got wrist pin out without damaging the connecting rod the connecting rod had little bit side to side movement and no up and down movement so I left it alone had my cylinder honed and ordered new piston and stuff for it got all back together I guess I set valves on wrong stroke because it tapping in top end in valve cover i now know how get compression stroke so ima redo the valves tmr didn’t run it long enough to bend the valves or break piston when I heard it tapping I turned it off I’ll update this thread if that fixes it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I hope I haven’t done to much damage to my new piston my oil pump not pumping oil I took oil filter cover off and filter and nothing is coming out so top end not getting oil how can I fix this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts