Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I've seen alot of guys on here asking about a GR, so I'm gonna give some info on my 35%
First off- My top speed running 27x10r12 Silverbacks went from being in the high 50's to a max of 38-39mph but holy sh!t at the torque/power I gained made up every bit of that.
Second- I the best way to describe the way it's geared now would be 1st is now your super low gear that you only need to use when you need to pull a full size truck buried in the Grand Canyon or a house off its foundation you know something like that lol. 2nd is your new 1st, 3rd is your new 2nd and so on. I hit most all holes in 3rd now and it will turn my Tires without batting an eye! But when I find that really thick mud and it's down shift to 2nd.
Third- I honestly think I could have gotten away with a 15% and been just as happy. But I just bought a set of 28" ol2 Skinny's yesterday (wishing they were 29.5 but I got a deal on them) and may end up going even bigger in the future so I think the 35% was a good choice.
Just thinking about everything I just wrote I can't even imagine how someone could run a 69% I mean speed isn't everything but good grief you might hit 20mph right before up blow your bike up lol.

Oh and one more thing I will mention is when I replaced 1st gear on my bike the teeth where perfect. It was the splines at the base of the gear that was slipping. I'll drop a pic at the bottom to show what I'm talking about because they may not be called splines...

Also my GR was built by Don Oglesby and is a jam up guy and will be getting all my business from now on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
I felt the same way when I added the 14% to the 450 .....it would climb a tree with 30in backs ....lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Rich I love all this new found power!

I forgot to mention that if you hold the right break in on the handle bar you can start your bike in any gear. I'm sure a lot of you already knew this but I just found out a few weeks ago and it's very helpful

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Don is pretty right on, I've dealt with him in the past as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Love mine as well. Turns 29.5s easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
with the 35% reduction does it spin the mud out of all 4 tires easy? i installed the high lifter gear less font locker and now i really need the reduction when in the mud with all 4 locked and truning all the time in 4 wheel drive, running 28 outlaw skinnys going to run 29.5s or 31's after the reduction.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Dustin, it makes a significant difference and will definitely sling mudd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok so I've seen alot of guys on here asking about a GR, so I'm gonna give some info on my 35%
First off- My top speed running 27x10r12 Silverbacks went from being in the high 50's to a max of 38-39mph but holy sh!t at the torque/power I gained made up every bit of that.
Second- I the best way to describe the way it's geared now would be 1st is now your super low gear that you only need to use when you need to pull a full size truck buried in the Grand Canyon or a house off its foundation you know something like that lol. 2nd is your new 1st, 3rd is your new 2nd and so on. I hit most all holes in 3rd now and it will turn my Tires without batting an eye! But when I find that really thick mud and it's down shift to 2nd.
Third- I honestly think I could have gotten away with a 15% and been just as happy. But I just bought a set of 28" ol2 Skinny's yesterday (wishing they were 29.5 but I got a deal on them) and may end up going even bigger in the future so I think the 35% was a good choice.
Just thinking about everything I just wrote I can't even imagine how someone could run a 69% I mean speed isn't everything but good grief you might hit 20mph right before up blow your bike up lol.

Oh and one more thing I will mention is when I replaced 1st gear on my bike the teeth where perfect. It was the splines at the base of the gear that was slipping. I'll drop a pic at the bottom to show what I'm talking about because they may not be called splines...

Also my GR was built by Don Oglesby and is a jam up guy and will be getting all my business from now on.
can you put up the link of where you got your gr? i cant find any for my 15' foreman 500

2015 honda foreman 500 fm1
14" hd7 alloy wheels
29.5-9 swamp lites
2" highlifter lift kit
2" wheel spacers
Strong made bumper
3000 lb warn winch
audio formz speakers

·
Registered
2 Posts

How could I reach the guy you got your GR from I’m trying to get one for myself as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts